FDIC is next...?

I think that will be the next bubble. After all that happened, i dont really think FDIC can insure up to trillions of dollars. It will be balied out.

i am tempted to buy a mattress

North Korea is going to have to start printing a different hard currency. Or maybe they’ll just sell guns and ammo.

Oh, I really hope not, but it is possible.

The backstopping of the FDIC is a real possibility. I’m pretty amazed that the populace this calm right now with all of this going on. I don’t think they realize the magnitude or severity of the situation. I guess football season keeps most folks busy these days.

We will go back to barter…

Backstopping the FDIC??? That implies that the FDIC is some sort of real fund…which it is not. It’s nothing more than a figment of our imagination. That’s right all that money that banks pay into the FDIC go straight into Iraq, Infrastructure Spending, Education etc. There is no fund. It will come straight out of the pockets of the tax payer (except unlike this bailout plan, there will be no opportunity for profit, 100% loss). Welcome to the real nightmare folks. That’s why this bailout plan needs to go through. Even though I’m not a fan of communism, IF it works, this bailout plan will potentally save taxpayers many TRILLIONS of dollars.

“many TRILLIONS” can you count that high, CFA500?

1,2,3,4, X, N -, !, > fuck I think i screwed up

The Treasury will back the FDIC…there was an article today about this on bloomberg. They’re expecting the FDIC to come up short $150Billion-ish…

TPain88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Treasury will back the FDIC…there was an > article today about this on bloomberg. They’re > expecting the FDIC to come up short > $150Billion-ish… Yeah, assuming the fractional reserve system doesn’t collapse.

CFA500 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s right all that money that banks pay into > the FDIC go straight into Iraq “The financial cost of the war has been more than £4.5 billion ($9 billion) to the UK, and over $845 billion to the U.S., with the total cost to the U.S. economy estimated at $3 trillion.” - Wikipedia article on Iraq War

So no more Medicaid?