Fed

So the consensus is 25 right? I’m still saying 50 but that’s what everyone here is saying? Willy

bloomberg shows with live futures: 66% 1/4 34% 1/2

i htink quarter

375bps would be awesome though!

Marc Faber on Bloomberg this morning said lets raise them 25 bps. Anyone see his rambling for like 20 mins this morning! 25 bps is the likely course, but I’ll hold out for an upset and a hold steady.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 375bps would be awesome though! LOL. I’d prefer Ben just to mail us all a few C notes, on the house!

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Marc Faber on Bloomberg this morning said lets > raise them 25 bps. Anyone see his rambling for > like 20 mins this morning! > > 25 bps is the likely course, but I’ll hold out > for an upset and a hold steady. i saw some. according to him, he’s predicted the end of the world correctly 4 of the last 5 times.

50 bps…done.

How about 25 bps & another 25 or 50bps for the discount rate?

50 BPTS? there goes the USD/CAD

wow 50 it is!

welcome to the helicopter ben era my friends! buy gold, lots and lots of gold!

yeah 50 and 50, with further dovish language from what i can tell. this will be very good for my markets.

The man caved to the pressure, he’s either a big fat pu$$y or the economy’s worse than we all though.

long live rich man’s marxism

Yay! Maybe I can recover my losses!

Randall Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The man caved to the pressure, he’s either a big > fat pu$$y or the economy’s worse than we all > though. either way, it can’t be good news! Let this sizzle for a few hours and sell sell sell.

Next up: President Bush addressing the country in a cardigan sweater to discuss America’s energy policy. Time to bring Volcker back.

Look at the dollar drop now. Bernake effectively went against the main role of a central bank, currency protection. Now, every man woman and child in America will feel a huge sting as real wages decline. All for Wall St… Disgusting.

Forgive this potential stupid question, but doesn’t the decline in the fed funds rate do more good than bad at a time like this? From my understanding the rate drop was to attempt to stimulate consumer mortgages and help the housing slump hit a floor. There are always adverse externalities with economics, however isn’t this the greatest good for the greatest number?