"Feedback" for CFAI Sample Exams

Maybe more appropriate for after Saturday, but I think we could come up with a “couple” suggestions to make them more useful! (Just a little rattled after seeing all that red) Here’s one to start: 1) Correct the exam after so that you don’t have to close your eyes and pray every time you click “continue.” 2) One more: Being able to review questions you are unsure of would make a “time limit” more realistic… Watching the clock tick made me rush a ton of questions… Should have hit pause but wanted to see how well I was doing on time…

couldn’t agree with you more… =)

I actually like that red/green notification all the time… it lets me know how I’m doing and how much more careful I should be… but then I kept hoping that I get greens near the end cuz I could only miss 3 more and I had 15 questions left on my last test… Time wise, I think it was fair. I used about 1:30 each… except #5 I did in < 1 hr and got 75…

Can most of the CFAI Question Concepts be found in the SCHWESER SECRET SAUCE? I am wondering if that would be enough for review for the next two days to get a macro picture of the topic areas I’m lacking in OR if I should focus on the concepts I lack in from the Review Books?

that red/green thing really does my head in… at the end of every question im always thinking: “green…green…come onnnnnn green… green, greengreen, RED!!! WTF???”

How did you guys score on Quant section of CFAI Sample exam 5? On Avg., I score ~80 in Quant, but I could manage only 42% in Sample exam 5. I manage to score 78% overall though.

Bluey, that’s funny… I feel like that too, especially the 95% that I change my answers at the last minute I get it wrong…

currently taking exam 5 and looks like i failed Quant and Econ. I aced ethics so wtf reverse in correlation for me.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > currently taking exam 5 and looks like i failed > Quant and Econ. I aced ethics so wtf reverse in > correlation for me. It’s a bit hard to say you “failed” a section when there are 3 questions - or talk about correlations. 2/3 <70% therefore fail?! pfft. In that case, I got 33% in Equity investments & securities markets in exam 5! that’s barely better than random chance! I must know nothing! But actually, I got 83.3% in exam 3 (5/6), and I’m consistently getting scores between 78% (bad day) and 86% (good day) overall.

yeh its all over the place… but then consider its only 60 questions…so maybe combine a couple exams to get a more ‘realistic’ score im just about to start exam 4…wish me luck

my averages’ been around 63-68%. I have yet to break into 70s… man. Almost feels like all these studying didnt pay off because for something new that i learned, i forget something else or i didnt cover them.

i JUST scraped through, with a 73%… failing eco, alt investments, and corp finance… i’ll post my rant in another thread…