Feel depressed...

Just got back from a meeting and feel so bad about people leaving the firm with their stuff and boxes. Since last 2 days (1 more day to go) MASSIVE layoffs here. In this economy I really think I have lost all motivation to move to finance (I am from IT) I feel sad for my colleagues and business getting wiped out in a flash :frowning: - Sorry for taking up your valuable minute.

look at it this way…study now…pass. write Level 3 next year June. pass. If the economy isn’t picking up(or has picked up) by then, then you have good reason to be depressed. By 2010 august you could have passed all 3 levels and we’ll be back in demand. Sorry bout your mates tho.

swaptiongamma, keep at it, so we can start a revolutionary company with phil. Now that I have discovered sublimity is CAIA certified, he can join too

how does the level of difficulty of CAIA compare to CFA?

DC Zanini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how does the level of difficulty of CAIA compare > to CFA? easier - roughly half the volume per exam

Swaption! It pains me deep within to hear about your depression. I too am coming out of a studying-induced depressive state, but always remember to be thankful for what you do have. You have a cool online name and good posts, and other than that, you can be lying about everything else so I am not sure what you can be thankful for, but nevertheless I hope you feel better soon. Get past level two and you only have one level left. “Perseverance is the hard work that you put in after you get tired from the hard work you already did.” --Newt Gingrich

i just relieve my depression my paying $1.00 for 5 minutes with SkipE99’s mom

Thanks peeps. Hence this forum is such a special clique of special-weapons-team with one and only one focus. Need to just get done with this shi!!y L2 - once and for all. fckers talk about refinancing burnouts - what about the real burnouts we as human’s face - who is going to factor that in the prep time.

swaption, speak like a lady. :slight_smile:

yeah, you hot Jersey girl, you

Per Pete O…there is an inverse relationship between happiness and passing CFA…so the more down and depressed you feel, the higher your probability of nailing this…Cheer up S, we are all in the same boat buddy.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks peeps. Hence this forum is such a special > clique of special-weapons-team with one and only > one focus. > > Need to just get done with this shi!!y L2 - once > and for all. > > fckers talk about refinancing burnouts - what > about the real burnouts we as human’s face - who > is going to factor that in the prep time. yeeeaaaaa…your stock just went wayyyyy up in my book. Sub, my moms wanted me to send you this picture of you and her for the scrapbook. http://pirate.shu.edu/~jamesjan/JAS/images/Mike%20Grandma.JPG

that is your grandma - i’m talking about your mom the MILF

sorry to hear about this swap. get on with it matey, because layoffs are just getting started (think audit / mgmt consulting). ibankers were canned ahead of the curve.