Feeling hopeless....

I’m feeling hopeless…did 2 120 question tests on Q-Bank and 2 Schweser Exams, all within low 60% range…:frowning: Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1-64% Schweser Vol 2 Exam 1-60% Overall, I don’t feel like I even have a strong area, everything is in the 60% range. And my scores fluctuates a lot between takes, some days I’m strong in one area and the next time I take a test, it’ll go down to like 50%…i don’t even know what to trust any more. Most frustrating for me is economics coz I did really well on qbank questions before (and had 4 years of econ classes at uni), so I thought it’d at least be my one strong area, but it’s now consistently low on my schweser tests… Sigh…is there still hope for me? :frowning:

Bro! There’s always hope!! Look into why you’re getting so many wrong. Is it cause you’re careless or that you’re forgetting formulas or because you’re not reading the questions properly or cause you don’t have the slightest idea what the question is talking about. Analyze your results and get back to me. Two weeks is a long time.

How much do we generally need to pass?.. How tough are schweser in comparison to actual one?. any clue

To jws42, Hey, just keep at it mate. Focus on the areas you need to improve on but keep reviewing and reviewing and reviewing. You still have two weeks. My money’s on you passing. To tejasdoshihere, I found the Schweser tests in volume 1 more difficult than the real thing. Best of luck all, your going to be surprised by the amount of AF’rs that pass this thing. It’s so much higher than the overall pass rate. See y’all in the L2 forum in January.

jws42, my situation is similar to yours. After my initial review of the material, my Qbank average was around the low 60’s, reviewed incorrect answers.Then I look the Schweser Volume 1 Test 1, Morning about a week ago and got 65% I reviewed everything I got wrong and read over econ + FRA again, scoring 70’s and 80’s which boosted my confidence. I then took the Afternoon portion but only scored 61% to give me a 63% average on the test. I felt extremely discouraged after that and even stopped studying for two days (not entirely because of this). After reading this, though, I feel a new surge of inspiration to keep working hard until the end. I keep hearing mixed reviews, though, on whether the Schweser exams are easier or harder than the real thing.

Dude, after feeling the same way you are feeling now for all three levels, I could give you some comfort. The exam is more than a week away. I was scoring in the low 60s for all three levels with more than a week to go and passed every time. Learning from your mistakes is crucial in this stage. Stop doing q’s for now. A ‘oh right’ reaction is not sufficient when you’re reviewing questions. WRITE DOWN what you should have been thinking for the Q. Doesn’t matter what subject. Make sure you spend >2 x the time on reviewing Q’s compared to doing them. This is when you learn. Then with two days to go, hit the practice exams and before you know it you’re scoring high 70s. Don’t drown yourself in q’s, rather dive into the answers. Good luck!

I haven’t even started doing practice papers yet mate, chin up lol

I’m consistently getting 80% in the mock 120 questions Q-Bank test with a standar deviation of something like 2%. I’m not that confident about the exam though, sooo much stuff to remember, but I think I have a good shot at this. Keep up the good work.

The Schweser mocks are killing my confidence at this point. From what i hear they are harder than the actual exam, but i wonder if I will pass scoring in the 60’s? At this point, i don’t know what else to do. Those Schweser question are SO LONG too…!!! Any ideas???

I felt like the Mock exam was much harder than the Schweser exams… and my score on the mock exam was 5% lower than schweser

Really? I thought they were easier… I think i’m just going to focus on my weak points… and qbank the rest of the week… 3 hours for an exam and then even more to review it… so tiring

I think CFAI mock felt difficult because it covered some areas which Schweser ignored. Doing EOC Questions from CFAI text will be really helpful. I also felt that CFAI mock lifted a few questions directly from CFAI EOC questions.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, after feeling the same way you are feeling > now for all three levels, I could give you some > comfort. > > The exam is more than a week away. I was scoring > in the low 60s for all three levels with more than > a week to go and passed every time. > > Learning from your mistakes is crucial in this > stage. Stop doing q’s for now. A ‘oh right’ > reaction is not sufficient when you’re reviewing > questions. WRITE DOWN what you should have been > thinking for the Q. Doesn’t matter what subject. > Make sure you spend >2 x the time on reviewing Q’s > compared to doing them. This is when you learn. > > Then with two days to go, hit the practice exams > and before you know it you’re scoring high 70s. > > Don’t drown yourself in q’s, rather dive into the > answers. > > Good luck! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I felt soo hopeless and don’t even bother coming on here…since pretty much everyone here is poised to kill the thing this sat… i drown myself with random Qs that i missed in the CFAI mock, like the MAD, FCFF one …then spent time going through the study guide to catch these things, turned out at the end of this weekend i m still barely passing the Stalla mock tho it was my first mock from the study guide… hopefully i still got sometime to rectify this situation, because it’s harsh to wait another six months… but yeaa, i will try these method… trying to “game” this exam by nailing down several types of Qs. doing em repeatedly… spend one more precious nite just to review Qs that i did wrong… then went on for hopefully two more mocks in the mid week… then friday night just rework the very orginal CFAI ones and see… anyone can shed some light?

I was a band 9 in June 09!! I underestimated AI And derivatives… and dat killed me!! My learning is dat do AI, Derivatives and Portfolio Mgt. nicely…coz if u do 3-4 ques wrong in them, u r out of the game! No matter u get above 70 in FRA, Ethics and Equity! do not forget to do EOC of CFAI material! Give CFAI Mock Exam and REVIEW, REVIEW and REVIEW your mistakes n weak areas!