Feeling less confident the more I study

Guys, I am getting a sinking feeling in my gut. Why is it that the more practice exams I do the less confident I feel. I thought I was doing well on the practice exams (schweser) but since starting to do the previous years exams and the “free” exams on the CFA website, I still get blindsided by questions that they ask. I found that some of the questions have very strange wording and it is not always clear what they are asking for. Ethics can be brutal at times as they will make a statement which looks good, and then they say that the answer is B because of one little word that was out of wack, or something that they should have included but did not. Still pulling about a 70% on the CFA posted exams, but that does not seem like a large margin of error. How are you guys feeling in the last 100 meter stretch? As I have mentioned before, it seems that the more one studies, the more one realizes how huge the body of knowledge is and one can practically drown in it.

it is called anxiety! If you are still getting a consistent 70%, just keep up the work. I feel the same way.

Today is my panic day. I feel like as soon as I move on to a new section, the old section becomes fuzzy again. Am I the only one on L3 that suffers from this?

CFAtime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Today is my panic day. > > I feel like as soon as I move on to a new section, > the old section becomes fuzzy again. > > Am I the only one on L3 that suffers from this? Nah, I think we are all going crazy together.

I actually taking a practice test yesterday afternoon did the same thing I did last year. After starting I told her that I had overstudied for this exam. At a certain point even after reading the curriculum over and over there are going to still be questions you get wrong.

consider me an integral part of this crowd…

CFAtime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Today is my panic day. > > I feel like as soon as I move on to a new section, > the old section becomes fuzzy again. > > Am I the only one on L3 that suffers from this? I had my official panic day 22 days to the exam. All I can say now is “Bring it on!”…

i am fully panicked. i went from comfortable practice exam scores with plenty of time to bad scores with diminishing time.

CFAtime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Today is my panic day. > > I feel like as soon as I move on to a new section, > the old section becomes fuzzy again. > > Am I the only one on L3 that suffers from this? Nope…not at all…

Last year I felt confident about the material…however this year do not want be in that category. The exam will not only about knowing the material but also about the speed not rushing, solving question that you would not have seen before and banging points in your strong areas.

While I’m reviewing the EOC/Example questions, I found out some questions look new to me. These questions are usually not very hard but similar to some sample/mock questions…it scares me that I could half right on an unfamilar question/item set, while got most wrong on a familiar one. Not much time left, will review and clear all the sample/mock questions next week.

Start breathing slowly, I feel the same way The curriculum is huge so I guess only a minority has a huge margin of passing. If you would learn a bit and have stable 90%, it would not have any value to anyone. My experience is, that the actual exams are not that bad (overall) because you are at the height of learning. And in L1 and L2 I never saw really mean stuff but they lined things further out. I guess, you have to give CFAI some points or as this schweser doc says “their points and get yours”