Feeling overwhelmed?

I’m hiring sublimity for my hedge fund.

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Youtube Jim Valvano @ ESPY OMG - what a speech…thank you…it made me sad but I guess it is one feeling he recommends…thanks.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ > > what is the worth of MENSA? > > that’s only top ~2% (~130+ IQ) of the population - > many people here on AF would very easily ace any > lowly MENSA exam > > some examples: > > nirjraina, bchadwick, JoeyDVivre, plyon, mo34, > JOE2010, JohnThainsLimoDriver, numi, > squirrel.master, needhelp, and on and on (i’m not > including a lot because i don’t want to spend much > more time) There is too much talent on this board. I usually read a lot of general discusions and all the above + numi + JDV + you + AliMan - JTLD have very insightful post. JTLD is great too - but recently started discounting him and scando for the Kare*C debacle.

Phew!!! Now i am… feeling overwhelmed after reading this post. I have only been able to manage one hour each in past two days, was quiet pissed off over that. I was planning to finish the first reading by mid April and thought I might be the last one to finish the first pass. But looks like I have company. Gud to know that. For December L1 people … u might like this. My boss gave his L1 in December, got his result in Jan, had his wedding at Feb end, spent first half of March on his honeymoon, started mid March, only schewser, no mock no question bank and still nailed it. Ok, he is a chartered Accountant (India) with his name in the top 50 all india rankers but then we started in feb so we can make up for that. Best of luck to everybody.

bhavya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Phew!!! > > Now i am… feeling overwhelmed after reading this > post. I have only been able to manage one hour > each in past two days, was quiet pissed off over > that. > > I was planning to finish the first reading by mid > April and thought I might be the last one to > finish the first pass. But looks like I have > company. > > Gud to know that. > > For December L1 people … u might like this. > > My boss gave his L1 in December, got his result in > Jan, had his wedding at Feb end, spent first half > of March on his honeymoon, started mid March, only > schewser, no mock no question bank and still > nailed it. > > Ok, he is a chartered Accountant (India) with his > name in the top 50 all india rankers but then we > started in feb so we can make up for that. > > Best of luck to everybody. A guy at my work nailed L2 with one month of studying. No kiddin. He loves his beer and would still go out with us on Fri nights. But thats his style. He would study from 6:30 am till 1:00 am on weekends. Don’t know how productive one can be for that long. As for myself, I started early March and now I am dead scared. To comment on another post above, I too passed L1 with about 6 weeks of studying (100 hrs in total) and I do not have a degree in Finance. But to me L2 seems nothing like L1. On L1 a lot of stuff seemed intuitive. L2 just seems like an insane amounts of information. Nothing seems super hard but to be able to retain all that stuff and blend the concepts together to get an answer to a 3 para long question in 1.5 minutes is not something I think I can pull of with 100 hrs of studying.

1 Like

i’m not aiming to hope and squeek by and pass instead i’m aiming to ace the test and retain the info the difference between those mindsets is heaven and earth

Well i agree to u sublimity and I am on the same track even though i know i am much behind a lotta people. The example is what I myself use to calm down when at times the panic attack arrives…

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the record, I hate L2. There is a LOT of > information. I’m almost done going through the > material and I feel like I haven’t retained much. > There’s just so much to remember. It definitely > feels overwhelming, but I’m confident I’ll know my > stuff come test time. I agree with you. The material is very deep. Read through all the sections and I’m finding that I must go through every single one again in extreme detail. Its quite a daughnting task, but I too am confident I will be ready. Keep it up.

I also think that writing notes while it is recommended to help with retention…it is jerking up my time and is the lead cause of my falling behind, it’s not that am slacking, but like most of you I started in early Feb when the books arrrived. Time is limited but it must be done…it will be done…thanks for the Jimmy V speech…Never never give up and some comments, above about attacking the exam, and not thinking how behind or tired I am…this is cool, I can vent with folks who get it, instead my buddies at the house.

Today will be the first day I study for the CFA Level 2 exam. I just ordered my Schweser books. I figure I have around 70 days (10 weekends) to figure this stuff out. I’m not that stressed out. I agree with others when they say its the quality of studying and not the quantity.

oldmonk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Nothing seems super hard > but to be able to retain all that stuff and blend > the concepts together to get an answer to a 3 para > long question in 1.5 minutes is not something I > think I can pull of with 100 hrs of studying. we have 3min per question on this level - fya

I am feeling EXTREMELY overwhelmed right now after putting in 10 solid hours in today. I feel like I’m never going to get prepared adequately. BLAH! (Another fun fact to put this into context, in addition to my other posts in this thread: I got all >70% in CFA Level 1.)

I would not be able to get through my day without a handful of SFFs (Sublimity Fun Facts). Thank you Sublimity. Ciao

another fun fact: 14 inches, lol