Feeling weired

Ok, i took sample exam and scored 66. What can i say - i am not encouraged to say the least. 3 mistakes - simple stupid mistakes, that already knocked down my score significantly Other then that most my mistakes were not because i didnt know something but because i was 100% it is not how it suppose to be. Also, i think one question is clearly wrong, as the number to solve it came out of nowhere so probably an errata. Overall i think concepts tested are fairly easy and one shouldn’t think too much into the questions as most of them are straight forward I feel very down now since i was very confident after my qbank and schweser scores and doing AM section of CFAI

CSK, is this the freebie?

I like the way you say you are “not encouraged to say the least” and then proceed to reel off a list of reasons why your score (which is not that bad) is deceptively low. Your post reads as though you lost your nerve and then started to recover it as you were typing… so AF seems to have a therapeutic effect on you…

yes, this is freebie Etienne, i did lose my nerve, it is very discouraging to see 66% after months and months or doing nothing but studying. AF does have a therapeutic effect. It is like going on a mission alone and then coming back to your fellow soldiers and sharing your experiences

I’m sure it will all fall into place in the last couple of weeks… at least I hope so… I keep finding that everything takes much longer than I expect (and I am somehow not factoring this into my future plans). Started the weekend thinking I could review 4 study sessions in depth and do a past paper. I have reviewed 2 and a half study sessions (no past paper, either).

csk, which question you think was wrong?

credit spread forward one…

#17? I got that result by computing it and the explanation seems fine to me: (Spread@Expiry - ForwardSpread@Initiation) * Risk Factor * Market Value

where did you get spread@expiry? i didn’t see it anywhere in the question? Was it in the question? Probably missed it :-/

Yes, 400 bps… :confused: Ehehe mistake due to stress :wink:

I just did the last sample test, and I got my worst score on a sample test ever (since starting the program). … Feeling very bad right now, specially that some of the questions, i had no idea how even start them.

mo34, i did sample 2 and got 83%. I think what CFAI doing is shameful and if not for reviewing mistakes i did on Sample 1, i would never score that high

*gulp*

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34, i did sample 2 and got 83%. I think what > CFAI doing is shameful and if not for reviewing > mistakes i did on Sample 1, i would never score > that high I don’t think that reviewing the questions would have helped much in this situation. After reviewing my answers I feel like something about their questions this year seems odd. For example they take word-by-word definitions directly out of the CFAI readings and ask you if this correct or incorrect, since I based my preparation of Schw, which sometimes gives slightly different definitions, I get wrong answers. Anyway my scores have been steadily declining over the course of the 3 samples, while I’ve been killing Schweser Books 6 and 7. I am just hoping that the real thing will not be as hard as the samples, otherwise it’s going to be a long summer.

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like the way you say you are “not encouraged to > say the least” and then proceed to reel off a list > of reasons why your score (which is not that bad) > is deceptively low. > > Your post reads as though you lost your nerve and > then started to recover it as you were typing… > so AF seems to have a therapeutic effect on you… Is this the “ceterus paribus” defense? :slight_smile: