Filing a Complaint concerning Level III Morning Session

Based on much of the feedback concerning the amount of time given for the morning session. I’m curious if anybody else is going to file a complaint or if everyone is just relying on a curve. I’m definitely going to write them a letter. Pass or Fail, I feel cheated by unfair time contstraints.

As long as everyone is under the same time pressure, I don’t think you have a case, particularly since there is a grading curve. But if it makes you feel better, CFAI won’t punish you for writing.

What’s your basis for the complaint? Because you thought the morning session was difficult given the time constraint? I’m sure the test makers would print this complaint out as a sign of a “job well done” on their part.

The basis of my complaint is that severely shorting candidates on time doesn’t allow us to effectively showcase our knowledge. It rewards quick, less articulate, speed readers while punishing a more thorough and adequate response. Maybe I’m out of line and I’m the only one who couldn’t finish the morning session, but I doubt it. I agree that it is graded on a curve and we all had the same playing field except that people who are fast reader, writers, and give bullet points will do way better. Don’t you think CFA is wrong to reward such behaviors as speed and lack of thoroughness over care, prudence, and independent judgement. Maybe I’m just justifiying my slow test taking, but I have never had a problem with the length of past exams or practice tests.

i must say the fact that i hve bad handwriting and therefore to write so someone could read it required a lot of extra time.

teidelma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The basis of my complaint is that severely > shorting candidates on time doesn’t allow us to > effectively showcase our knowledge. It rewards > quick, less articulate, speed readers while > punishing a more thorough and adequate response. > Maybe I’m out of line and I’m the only one who > couldn’t finish the morning session, but I doubt > it. I agree that it is graded on a curve and we > all had the same playing field except that people > who are fast reader, writers, and give bullet > points will do way better. Don’t you think CFA is > wrong to reward such behaviors as speed and lack > of thoroughness over care, prudence, and > independent judgement. Maybe I’m just justifiying > my slow test taking, but I have never had a > problem with the length of past exams or practice > tests. I agree with this 100%, and I am a quick hand writer by the way. Forgot to add…you will be wasting your time submitting any type of complaint.

All the L3s at my site wer working right up to 12:00 and so we told our proctors that it seemed really hard to finish in 3 hours. After enough whining they just let us keep working for another 20 minutes! I think it really helped out my score. I wasn’t going to be able to get to do question 11, but now I know I aced it! Thanks Proctors. You guys rock!

jwsmith6 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All the L3s at my site wer working right up to > 12:00 and so we told our proctors that it seemed > really hard to finish in 3 hours. After enough > whining they just let us keep working for another > 20 minutes! > > I think it really helped out my score. I wasn’t > going to be able to get to do question 11, but now > I know I aced it! > > Thanks Proctors. You guys rock! are you serious?

Funny guy.

I think the AM and PM both were fair and no complaint is warranted. I love CFAI. I am hoping someone from CFAI reads this and passes me without even grading my paper.

jwsmith6 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All the L3s at my site wer working right up to > 12:00 and so we told our proctors that it seemed > really hard to finish in 3 hours. After enough > whining they just let us keep working for another > 20 minutes! > > I think it really helped out my score. I wasn’t > going to be able to get to do question 11, but now > I know I aced it! > > Thanks Proctors. You guys rock! Jwsmith, feel sorry for ya… At my center after hyper whining the proctors allowed us to first consult each other, and then get on the internet to find the answers…