final 2 months for level II

in case you guys are wondering, I work as a manager trainee for Hertz, it is a rental car company. The stock has been up $4 from $11 since I started working. corelation or causation? lol i dunno!

spurious correlation…lol

Or a pump and dump pitch…

something tells me you are not planning to stay at Hertz if you pass this exam…

i don’t think anyone cares if you pass level 2. pass level 3, and people will care (unless you are like me and don’t have the 4 years of work experience, in which case you are still screwed)

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i don’t think anyone cares if you pass level 2. > pass level 3, and people will care (unless you are > like me and don’t have the 4 years of work > experience, in which case you are still screwed) so you personally think having passed the CFA exams serve no benefit until you officially obtain the Charter?? For the sake of us all, I hope you’re horribly wrong. I’m sure being a Charterholder gives the absolute best advantage, but I’m sure passing the exams are a huge help in applying for positions…

^MFIN : You are right in saying that having passed the exams are a huge help to apply for positions, but there are many other factors in play (experience, background, university etc) which finally decide whether you land a job or not. Either ways, it surely will help in getting your foot in.

Here’s what I’ve seen. Level I gets you a few interviews but not really jobs. Level II gets you a lot more interviews and the occasional job. Level III gets you jobs.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i don’t think anyone cares if you pass level 2. > pass level 3, and people will care (unless you are > like me and don’t have the 4 years of work > experience, in which case you are still screwed) I used to think the same thing, however this simply is not true. The Level 2 CFA is used interchangeably with the Series 89 which is the test that equity research associates and other employees need to pass. You can use the Level 2 in place of the 89 but not vice versa (duh).

I still have faith in a pass in Lvl 2. Depending on the country you are from, like in Asian countries where total CFA charter holder does not exceed more than 1000~1500 people(in china), investment banks will take any CFA lvl 2 passers they can get their hands on. But they will make you work like a dog. North American coutries would be a different story.

verse214 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > magicskyfairy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i don’t think anyone cares if you pass level 2. > > pass level 3, and people will care (unless you > are > > like me and don’t have the 4 years of work > > experience, in which case you are still > screwed) > > > I used to think the same thing, however this > simply is not true. > > The Level 2 CFA is used interchangeably with the > Series 89 which is the test that equity research > associates and other employees need to pass. You > can use the Level 2 in place of the 89 but not > vice versa (duh). didn’t know that. I live in Canada tho, so still doesn’t change much for me : /