Final L1 score format

Hello, Can someone tell me what the final score for L1 looks like? Namely, do we get a simple pass or no-pass notice from the CFA Institure, or we get a breakdown of scores by section (Economics, Quantitative, Ethics, etc.) or some kind of cumulative score? I’m curious, because it would be nice to know how one performed in each area (well vs. bad) Thanks

The results are broken down into each topic (ethics, quant, FSA, etc). For each topic it tells you if you scored < 50%, 50-70%, or > 70%. You won’t get more detail than that, although there is some web site that you can paste your results into and it guesses at your score. I’m not sure what algorithm it uses, maybe just a weighted average of the size of the topic against an expected value for each of the ranges.

Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 - - * - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Analysis 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - * - - General Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * - It would be something like this