Finally: A job!

After 6 months, I finally have a job! For those of you who are interested, here is my story: I made my decision: Equity Analyst all the way baby! My journey: 6 months ago I graduated in the top 10% of my MBA class. I was on cloud 9. Five months ago I took level 2. After taking level 2, I took a couple of vacations (gone for about a month). So, starting about four and a half months ago I started looking for an equity analyst position. I went on a few interviews, but nothing except an equity analyst opportunity that was contingent on my passing level 2. During that time I received my results from the CFA: Fail. I was torn. I didn’t get the job. I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. I decided to allow myself to be upset…for a day. The day after my mourning I signed up for level 2 again (at least I tried too; the CFA site was not working). For the past 4 1/2 months I have been searching for a job while studying for level 2. I had some good interviews, but no offers. A week and a half ago I received an offer for a Wealth Management Analyst position. Two days later I received an email from a small buyside firm I interviewed with. My contact asked for my phone number. Pure excitement! He called and told me that I didn’t get the job and that they gave it to someone else! Once again, I’m torn. I spent the next couple of days deciding whether I should take the WM job, or go on a few more interviews for equity analyst positions. To help me make my decision I called my contact at the small buyside firm (he had been very helpful with my search). I told him about my possible opportunity and he gave me some advice. The very next day he called me and asked what I was being offered for the WM position. He was interested in hiring me along with the other guy. My guess is my talk with him sparked more interest. He offered my $10k less than the WM, no desk, tons of risk, but the opportunity to do equity research! I had to make my decision by today. Of course I followed my heart and took the Equity Research position. Back on Cloud 9!

Congrats!

Congrats! I wish you well.

congrats!! great story…and it looks like u are followeing ur passion…win win there…

We’ve all been through the arduous job hunt. Nice work! Good luck on Level 2.

Good luck …the search continues for the rest of us …

congrats! What school did you attend? So my search continues…

Congratulations

congratulations. searching for a job really sucks. I’m glad you found what you were looking for.

Congrats man. I’m still looking for my job in equity research.

congrats!! great story. perserverence pays off :slight_smile:

congrats !

recentcornellgrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > congrats!! great story…and it looks like u > are followeing ur passion…win win there… Exactly, persistence is key in our field. Congrats.