Finally got my letters...

…passed L3 in June, eventually got round to submitting my application, chased my sponsors, waited nervously as my work experience was reviewed then finally approved this week, activated my membership today and finally finally saw my name appear with those magic three letters… What a relief this mission is now all done and dusted!

Congrats Johnny B!

Congratulations man. Now you get to haze next year’s class of newly minted CFA pledges by making them solve fixed income valuation problems…WITHOUT the use of calculators. If they can’t accomplish this mission by hand, you’ll get to make them recite Standard I-D of the “Standards of Practice Handbook” by memory while simultaneously liquidating their blue chip stocks in exchange for Greek bonds.

[double post deleted]

do you feel deflated now that it’s over?

Congratulations!

congrats!! :slight_smile:

That’s great! Definitely worth celebrating. Yee haw! When I got my letters, it was a bit hard to celebrate. For one, the Dow crashed 777 points that same day. For another, my GF wanted to go have drinks with her girlfriend (me excluded). Yes, that’s one of the reasons she’s my ex. :wink:

Congrat!!

Congrats! That must be a great feeling. I cannot wait to get mine in June.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s great! Definitely worth celebrating. Yee > haw! > > When I got my letters, it was a bit hard to > celebrate. For one, the Dow crashed 777 points > that same day. For another, my GF wanted to go > have drinks with her girlfriend (me excluded). > Yes, that’s one of the reasons she’s my ex. :wink: Am I reading this correctly? Your ex-GF switched teams? That would be so much better than the other interpretation of this - she just didn’t see the importance to you in passing the exams.

The irony is that she is a portfolio manager and was instrumental in my starting the program. So it’s not like she doesn’t know what people go through to get the letters. On the other hand maybe the fact that she only passed L1 made it harder for her to be happy for me … too competitive (she’s smart enough to pass L2 and L3, but she had a baby between L1 and L2 and never quite found the time to study for the exams seriously, be a mom, and pay the bills). By now, she has enough experience that the letters wouldn’t necessarily help all that much. Anyway, not to threadjack john_b’s thread, because congrats are due!

so you dated a mother.

^ He is the dad.

This is a public forum, and she is in the industry, so I’m not going to discuss more details than this. I will say, however, that if you saw her, it would not be difficult to understand why I was attracted to her.

Congratz …I passed lvl 3 last year as well but it will still be awhile before I can get the letters …Damn 4 yrs experience requirement !! I’m sick and tired of explaining this ‘technicality’ to non -finance people when they come to me with …"oh so your a CFA now " …

Post CFA depression coming to you soon.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is a public forum, and she is in the > industry, so I’m not going to discuss more details > than this. I will say, however, that if you saw > her, it would not be difficult to understand why I > was attracted to her. I love milfies.