finance jobs that require travel

OK before all of you start jumping the gun and telling me or asking me if i have a sense of direction as to what I want to do jobwise, I have no clue, well somewhat of a clue. So i am simply exploring what options are out there and would like to know if anyone here knows of any finance jobs that require travel. To qualify for “trvael” it has to be atleast out of province or state. preferrably jobs near the entry level or maybe within 5-10 years of experience, no more. GO!

Assistant to the Traveling Secretary…for the Yankees. IDK, some type of consultant?

Sell side research.

real estate portfolio acquisitions – gotta go see what you’re buying.

Buy-side relationship managers - pitching to clients, protential clients, consultants, etc Investment consultants - meeting with insitutional investors Bloomberg/Factset sales/education - pitching or providing on-site education HFoF/PE FoF - Meeting with protential managers and checking out their operations

M&A analyst - visiting companies that you are representing / advising / selling

thanks a lot guys, the feedback is lot more constructive than i thought i would get after reading the thread about “what is your job”. once again many thanks

fyi - if ur looking for the fying in first class n staying at 5 star hotel thing ur not gonna happen unless u got a sweet gig.

Wholesaler for investment company—selling your company funds to retail advisors.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fyi - if ur looking for the fying in first class n > staying at 5 star hotel thing ur not gonna happen > unless u got a sweet gig. i am just looking for somehting to start with for now and then in 5-10 years i will look for the first class and 5 star hotel jobs… just paying for my flight and a mediocre hotel for now would be good enough

-sorry double post

Transaction Services - aka financial due diligence. For a Big Four accounting firm or an Alvarez & Marsal type of firm. Tons of travel, but all business no pleasure. Who would want business travel? It’s a pain in the a$$.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wholesaler for investment company—selling your > company funds to retail advisors. That would be terrible.

I’m a wholesaler. It’s actually pretty radical.

Audit…will get to visit the factory. Or if you really want to travel get a cruise ship job.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fyi - if ur looking for the fying in first class n > staying at 5 star hotel thing ur not gonna happen > unless u got a sweet gig. False, you just need to know how to find deals. Use hotwire.com, it’s awesome for 4 1/2 to 5 star places.

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Wholesaler for investment company—selling > your > > company funds to retail advisors. > > > That would be terrible. Depends where…in the US you can make a killing working as a wholesaler for a big fund company…well for the amout of work invloved anyway…but the job is not very stimulating and well if you have or pursuing CFA, it is really non related job…

N.VanCandidate Wrote: > > Depends where…in the US you can make a killing > working as a wholesaler for a big fund > company…well for the amout of work invloved > anyway…but the job is not very stimulating and > well if you have or pursuing CFA, it is really non > related job… Exactly! Most wholesaler I know are with big fund company, they stay with the compay for many years, nice buget(expense) each year, since they have establish relationships with most wirehouse, less money are needed for prospecting. However, nowdays, they are trying to move business to ETF since I beleive MF is out its way out.

Working on the buyside I travel a lot more than I like.

Any type of commercial real estate originator, underwriter or underwriting analyst will do tons of traveling. In addition, real estate asset management requires insane amounts of travel.