Financial Planner: need help getting work experience approved

I had something a bit more compact, but I got “Rejected / Need More Detail” What I presently have is: Creates & presents financial plans, encompassing recommendations on tax planning, investment planning, retirement planning, estate planning. Prepares and presents Investment Policy Statements. Prepares and presented portfolio reports, covering performance attribution. Provides fiduciary financial advice as an RIA representative. Is this sort of thing sufficient? Could any other financial planners give me some ideas for what words seem to pass muster?

I’m not a financial planner but I would integrate some language into your summary that indicates that these responsibilities directly affect the investment decision-making process for clients or are otherwise somehow integral to the investment process. For example – my actual submission for one of my past jobs that was approved two years ago: • Provided investment consulting, valuation, and analytical services for commercial real estate investment firms, funds, and other commercial portfolio and asset managers. • Participated in the pre-acquisition investment due diligence process by reviewing income statements, rent rolls, appraisals, balance sheets, and cash flow statements to generate opinions of fair market value and projections of future cash flows for commercial real estate properties and portfolios to support underwriting and investment decisions. • Evaluated market data for commercial real estate sales and leasing transactions to determine primary inputs to the discounted cash flow analyses used to support valuations and investment decisions, including market rents, expenses, and discount and capitalization rates. • Contributed to the investment management process through both periodic and annual review of inputs to valuation models to support adjustments to fair market value and forecasts for future cash flow and net operating income assumptions.

Thanks, ATH, even if your experience is completely different than a financial advisor, that gives me some idea of the detail they might be looking for. What does the AF community think of this?: Provides fiduciary financial advice as an RIA representative Creates & presents financial plans, encompassing recommendations on tax strategies, asset allocation, capital needs-based retirement planning, and estate protection strategies. Creates goal-based financial plans incorporating Monte Carlo calculations and stress testing. Formulates and presents Investment Policy Statements with asset allocation constructed with consideration to client risk tolerance, return requirements, liquidity needs, time horizon, tax and legal status, and unique circumstances. Prepares and presents portfolio reports, covering performance attribution and future opportunities based on observed chronic market inefficiencies.

Mine is pending too. Yours is close to what I put down. If they don’t approve that what would they approve. I think you hit about all of the AM section of L3. Good luck

@gjertsen …how about this. Create, analyze, and implement financial & investment plans, encompassing tax strategies, strategic and tactical asset allocation analysis, security selection, capital needs-based retirement planning, and estate protection strategies. Create and analyze goal-based financial plans incorporating Monte Carlo simulations and stress testing. Formulate, review, and adjust Investment Policy Statements taking into consideration to client risk tolerance, return requirements, liquidity needs, time horizon, tax and legal status, and unique circumstances. Prepare, analyze, and present portfolio reports, covering performance attribution and future opportunities based on observed chronic market inefficiencies.

CardShark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @gjertsen …how about this. > > > Create, analyze, and implement financial & > investment plans, encompassing tax strategies, > strategic and tactical asset allocation analysis, > security selection, capital needs-based retirement > planning, and estate protection strategies. > > Create and analyze goal-based financial plans > incorporating Monte Carlo simulations and stress > testing. > > Formulate, review, and adjust Investment Policy > Statements taking into consideration to client > risk tolerance, return requirements, liquidity > needs, time horizon, tax and legal status, and > unique circumstances. > > Prepare, analyze, and present portfolio reports, > covering performance attribution and future > opportunities based on observed chronic market > inefficiencies. sounds great, thanks!