Finished AM in 1hr 45mins PM in 1hr 20 mins

Actually I’m quite surprised that the majority actually dont believe it. Does it help if I say that I did not have to think for any of the questions? I I literally just read the content, look at the question and knew exactly what to write. I also memorised all the concepts so I was able to pull out the concepts immediately. I made use of anonyms to pull out concepts quickly. For example, I use RHV CIFM for capital markets expectations, which stand for Relevant Capital Market Expectations, Historical data, valuation models, collect data, interpret data, formulate expectations and monitor & feedback. Another example for qualification of benchmark, it’s SAMURAI, specified in advance, appropriateness, measurable, unambiguous, reflective, accountable and investable.

With this way, I did not have to hesitate at all as I could pull out information quickly. And as I write, I was already thinking one step ahead on the next pointer. And also, I did not skip any questions at all. I followed through from Question 1 to the end without hestitation.

But I also have to point out that although I finished in 1 hour 45 mins for the AM paper, I did go back to every single question to further elaborate on each and every single points. I did not introduce new points because I know that the examiners only look at the first few points. I merely elaborated on the key points to further reinforce the key points stated.

Nope.

To add on, I apologise if anyone felt insulted. I did not intend for it to go that way.

he could be Bonny and Clyde but he might be more like Whitney and Bobby.

I think the CFA trainers can finish the exam less than 1 hour. So, if you train yourself enough as the CFA trainers, it is totally possible than you can finish with less than 1h30m.

I think you had spent more energies, times,… than you needed for the exam. But indeed it is good, at least you are sure to not take the level 3 twice.

Yep. I started studying in February. And I did all 6 exams of Kaplan Schweser + 10 years of Mock Exam from CFA all the way till 2006.

Folks that thread reminds me the anecdote when two fishermen argue who caught the biggest fish in their lives…WHILE both got nothing to show …

The exam is over, and there is only 1 thing left is to enjoy life before the D day!

I would say that I am glad that it is over for now and we all should be !

From my experience, don’t underestimate level 3! While I agree there are geniuses amongst us that could finish the paper in less time and pass, this might work 5 out of 100 times at best otherwise we could have seen more than 50 percent pass rate L3 year on year…(One of the year was an outlier with almost 70 percent pass rate)

Take Mike’s advice and don’t underestimate LIII. I remember when he was writing cocky-as-heck posts here on AF after sitting for the third level in 2015 (…like the one above). You never know for sure.

Anyways, congrats to those who are able to make it over that final hump come August.

#goodluck

The last time killua will ever be on this forum is the day before results. This is setting up to be the biggest jinx of all time

#markmywords

I can believe that it’s possible. I finished AM in 2.25h and PM in 1.5h. Went back and re-read the exam multiple times.

I knew answers to 80% of the questions, and another 20% took me little longer. I did 10AM mocks and this one felt the easiest on balance. My scores on AM Mocks ranged from 67% to 82%. Majority above 70%. I spotted most traps from the get go (found that there were more in the PM than AM). AM was straightforward if you knew the answers.

PM if you could spot the traps was easier than level 2. Happy to share the matrix in August as well. On Level 1 & Level 2 I left feeling like it’s 50/50. and this one im 90% sure I passed - if they can read my hand writing which is not the prettiest.

I believe the PM session speed as well because that was exactly how much time I spent. Definitely went back to review everything twice. Didn’t take restroom breaks like I did in level 2 to stretch because I needed the PM score to pull my AM up.

But for AM session speed, that is amazing!! I barely finished on time and had at least 3 small questions I was not sure about so guessed those directly :slight_smile:

But good luck to us all!

What if you are wrong?

Thanks for the faith :slight_smile: I don’t know why is it so hard to believe. On hindsight, I sort of understand why CFA is not really as recognised by employers. Because they know that many retook it many times, and even if they pass, it really does not mean anything because their score is quite low so they don’t exactly understand the materials. I think CFA might want to relook at this point seriously. CFA is not as presitigious as they want to build it to be.

Thanks dudu :slight_smile:

AM mocks provided by the CFA are the actual previous exams.

haha! I love it!

Glad I don’t work for your employer or live wherever the hell hole it is you do. Your passive natured comments don’t fool me man. You can try to play this “nice guy” but I’m a psychometrician.

Strongly disagree.

let’s wait and see…

thanks #, I am still the same ass, but better prepared one…, that is my second try (didnt take 2016) let’s see…

PS: good research on my past quotes, did not know that i really said that… )))