FinQuiz for Level 3

Can people who have used FinQuiz speak to exactly what is provided for Level 3, with the Premium Package?

On their website, they mention a “Web-based Question Bank.”

How many questions are in the Question Bank, and is it comparable to Schweser? Can you do random questions, or is it broken up by study session?

Other than that, are there some parts of the FinQuiz materials people here found that were very useful, or not helpful?

Thanks.

I used finquiz for Level 2 and Level 3 …for the money its the best deal out there. There qbank has few errors but overall very helpful in cementing concepts

If I remember correctly they had ~4000 questions in their QBank for June2014 Level 3 test.

The questions are segregated by Study Session … but you can create a test across multiple Study Session … So, if you selected all Study Session it should technically be Random / mix set of questions

I subscribed to almost their entire package in parts

Barely used 200 questions from the QBank … Never opened the notes … Just did a cursory glance of the Mocks

The issue was not with the quality of content … but since i exclusively used Schweser for both Level 1&2 it was very difficult transitioning to the Finquiz way of QBanks and other materials … everytime i used Finquiz stuff i felt as if i was digressing from the subject

Finquiz was offering big discounts till last year … I think i spent less than $200 for the entire stuff … At this price it appears very good value … but if you dont use it (as i ended up doing) and keep going back to Schweser … it will end up being a waste of money

Theres a page on the site that tells you what all you are purchasing…in short, for the premium, you get Qbank, several AM Essay Exams created by FQ, Mocks (2 for 2013), Curriculum Notes organized by Session, Summary Notes organized by session.

I used them for L2 (sparingly) but alot in L3 for revision.

I for one found it very helpful…

for early prep the q-bank is useful to drill the concepts in your head just because of the massive amount of questions available

for prepping for the real deal I think the overall difficulty level of the essay type exams is harder than the real deal so it’s a good prep tool.

I wish their q-bank analytics were better, i.e. filtering by LOS

Like everyone else has said, best value hands down. There are a few errors but they’re easily spotable. They also will answer most questions you have about the material. Would definitely use again.

mate, come on! I would hope you dont need to use it again!

What sort of discounts do they usually run? I checked earlier today and the FinQuiz twitter said they are 60% off for the Premium package. It seems they run “deals” though. Is the 60% a good deal - or have people here seen better?

Last month, I just purchased its premium package for $160, but still I’m gonna use the curriculum and schweser as the main resources for my prep.

Haji…they also have a 95% off …2 days before the exam…:slight_smile:

i had purchased fiquiz’s premium L3 package for 2014 exam,

but i failed, i think their notes might not suit for everyone, it was too simplified,

so, after use their books, i had a illusion that l3 exam was too easy in actual it was not as easy as my thought)

i had sent a mail to them about my thinking, but no reply,

so before purchase, you might try their sample books, consider if it suit for you.

but i will not use their materials for next year’s exam.

I’m guessing that you were materially weaker in the AM session. Just a wild guess…

But to answer the OP’s question, FinQuiz is great and a fantastic value. Their summary notes are the best.

I liked the way their summary notes tidy up the large topics at-hand in a reading. Often times when I would first read through the curriculum, I had trouble identifying what exactly were the key takeaways. Other than that, the mock exams were not really helpful (poorly worded questions) and the Q-bank was average, at best (but did allow me to keep my brain in CFA mode while I sat at my desk and pretended to be working).

I liked the way their summary notes tidy up the large topics at-hand in a reading. Often times when I would first read through the curriculum, I had trouble identifying what exactly were the key takeaways. Other than that, the mock exams were not really helpful (poorly worded questions) and the Q-bank was average, at best (but did allow me to keep my brain in CFA mode while I sat at my desk and pretended to be working).