Fired

My firm is starting to fire people tomorrow. I hope I am one of the chosen ones. I’m heading out to Asia soon after the exam and hope to not have to come back.

You can always ask to get layed off

Not really. That’s called quitting, and there’s no severance when you quit.

not true, you can talk to your manager if you are on a good terms and ask for a cut

Not at my firm. There was a case where someone volunteered during the last cut and was asked to resign instead. No severance.

have you seen Fight Club? do what that guy did.

pimp, are you getting fired cuz of the NY governor debacle? sorry couldnt resist

What firm do you work for (if I may ask)?

pimp is very correct!! I asked my manager to add me to the list coming out tomorrow (techinically TODAY). I also gave a formal resignation letter, but all was rejected saying that I was too valuable to the project. And I am a consultant btw, I can walk off any time I feel he need to.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My firm is starting to fire people tomorrow. I > hope I am one of the chosen ones. I’m heading out > to Asia soon after the exam and hope to not have > to come back. Are you serious pimp?? Why are you so keen on working in Asia than here? Lemme know, this might give me a different perspective to chalk out my strategies too. I was thinking SG too, in 2-3 yrs down the line.

Pimp, You like asian girls? Just wondering if you have much money set aside beyond your human capital?

gaoyao - I work at Kidder Peabody. Today is judgement day.

Which Asian country are you heading to? Is it easier to find a job there?

Looks like I’m not fired yet. Tomorrow is another day.

Come to Montana. We need some more brain power in this state. Lots of rednecks shooting guns.

i would love to go to Montana, but my wife wouldn’t

Does anyone here work in a CDO group? Whole bunch got canned at several banks.