First Mock on May 10 - Will that be too late.. ?

It seems like I have forgotten everything I read over last 3-4 months… I am currently reviewing all material and plan to quickly go through it by May 9… I am also doing few practice ques while I revise …

Will May 10 be too late to appear for first Mock - the CFA mock? Will I have enough time after that to work on weak areas…?

Please suggest…

Thanks!!

i am scheduled for 1st mock on may 20th…still scrambling with the material…good luck

I dont think that is late, you’d better save the mock for when you feel 90% ready. Before that you can do Schewer Practice exam to test

Thanks iaf and maxmeomeo… good luck to u too :slight_smile:

My Stalla advisor last year suggested the opposite of what maxmeomeo said. My advisor said to just dive right into the practice tests as soon as possible and take as many as you can get your hands on. Everyone feels the same way after going through the material - they forgot everything they learned prior to about 2 weeks ago. He said you will start out not scoring so high, that’s normal. Just keep taking tests and you score will get a little higher, and a little higher, and a little higher. That’s what he said but I ran out of time to take more than about 3 mocks and didn’t pass. So I’m not saying anyone is right or wrong here, I’m just presenting a differnent point of view.

Dive right in your scores will increase because of it. You’re going to have to bite the bullet that you might not remember how to detect multicollinearity (f test is positive while t test is negative fwiw), which I completely did but that stuff will start to get reintroduced to your brain. It’s in their somewhere you just have to bring it to the front.

More importantly you need to get used to tackling 10 subjects at once as opposed to just 1 at a time like you did when you were studying. This will take a while to do. Lastly you need to get used to the vignette format and the possibility of mulitple sections appearing in the same vignette. It’s brutal but it’s all about how bad you want it. The last month will make or break you.

i think it depends on you…if u dive in before actully revising and do not score that much, it might act as a demotivator…i think you should atleast revise once and then dive into papers, it’ll help you pin point where exactly is your weakness is rather than u asuming that the reason you didnt score well is cos you werent prepared enough…I am planning to take my first mock on 13th - sunday and 2012 CFAI mock on 24th…but seriously depends on your personal choice…

So I think, 10th is not that bad…

actually people putting in mock scores already on the forum creates a big panic … but as most of u said there is no point doing mocks if i don remember anything… so a quick brush up n then a mock is a better idea …

thanks folks :slight_smile:

I will be taking it on 15th … will have good 2 weeks after that to work on weaker areas…