First pass completed!

Just finished Book 5 of Schweser so I guess I’m doing well in terms of pacing. However, FI & Derivatives was extremely dense & tricky; it probably wiped out 20-30% of my retention of preceding topics. Its time to rinse & repeat but this time solve all CFAI problems and hit Q-Bank hard. I’m targeting my first practice test (shudder) in around 6 weeks so lets see how it goes!

congrats - when did you start your studying?

Dec 1st

good job! I’m on the same study plan as you…I’ll be done book 5 next week which will be followed by qbank and plenty of questions!

Congtrats man! That’s a commendable feat. You are sure to nail this one down cum June.

seriously, that is fast. you either have been a superhero studying or remember nothing, hopefully the former. this has inspired me- i’m on SS16 now, should finish that today easily and then will move into SS17 tomorrow as my last topic in the first pass. i’m a few days behind you, but my 2nd run of q-bank and trying to remember this stuff is coming soon. for now, back to futures.

whoa…you just ruined my weekend. :slight_smile: seriously, nice going. so you worked through schweser problems etc I didnt think of taking a crack at the CFAI questions but sounds like a good idea.

I’ve put in a 110 hours so far so nothing too crazy I’d say. It probably helped that I already knew 60-70% of the Equity & Corporate Finance material and I breezed through Ethics because learning it now seems pointless. Everyone has their own approach, I like to move through pretty quickly the first time and focus on retaining all the smaller details in subsequent passes.

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve put in a 110 hours so far so nothing too > crazy I’d say. It probably helped that I already > knew 60-70% of the Equity & Corporate Finance > material and I breezed through Ethics because > learning it now seems pointless. > > Everyone has their own approach, I like to move > through pretty quickly the first time and focus on > retaining all the smaller details in subsequent > passes. this is also what i like to do. i hit 120 hours today and have gone through the material twice now. Now i am going back to review Equity and FSA/PM since they are the heaviest weighted. first time through the material, i try to get a broad, high-level overview of everything. second time i read it all again and spend more time on the questions and challenge questions in Schweser. where are you at nirjaina?

Guys i’ve gone through my first pass as well. i’ve finished reviewing ethics and quant as well. Will now be spending time reviewing FSA intensively this week. I started reading in October by the way

alright, first pass officially completed. q-bank, get ready 'cause here i come.

Guys is it better to start doing q-bank now and just review areas where you score low or should one just re-read the thing again before starting questions

i started corp fin on the bus this morning, so PM, FI, Deriv, Equity, and Alt. to go by May 1.