Fitness - a zero sum game

I had just completed P90X ebiegs! I was in the best shape of my life for sure. No time now, but come June 7th I will be back on the X.

Awesome man!! Finally another Xer!! I am doing a modified 90 days (3 to 4 days per week) - all strength workouts (w ab ripper) and if am feeling sprite, I’ll throw in the plyo! So really just skipping the yoga and kenpo each week. I like having all my time budgeted out, makes me focus more and leads to less procrastination.

That is pretty ambitious! I wish I had time to do that too. P90X is the only informercial product I have every promoted. It really works.

tony horton, muscle confusion, omg. seriously, have you ever seen a cross country runner that knows how to work out? please just stop it. as for infomercials it is all about the sham wow right now baby.

Did you just call me out? I can’t argue with the sham wow.

actually scratch that. the sham wow is so 2008. vince has moved on. He will probably make more money selling the slap chop this year than Ford will selling cars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbWjIKxrrs I’d vote for him over Obama in 2012 at this point hands down.

He is related to Billy from Oxyclean. One of my hometown Pittsburgh boys.

McKees Rocks baby. I wasn’t trying to call out any long-distance runners. I was just trying to get in front of the P90X love-fest that was about to go down. As far as I am concerned, running further than the fridge is uncalled for and counter-productive to my goal of getting back to the couch with a fresh beer before the commercial ends.

Yeah, unless you care about looking better, feeling better, performing better, sleeping better, being healthier and/or living longer there’s really no reason to exercise on a regular basis.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, unless you care about looking better, > feeling better, performing better, sleeping > better, being healthier and/or living longer > there’s really no reason to exercise on a regular > basis. +1

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, unless you care about looking better, > feeling better, performing better, sleeping > better, being healthier and/or living longer > there’s really no reason to exercise on a regular > basis. Touche. I wasn’t trying to offend. I exercise on a regular basis. I certainly want to be healthy and feel good. I just find that at this stage of the game long distance running, plyos, etc. that is just overkill for me. Stage one is about performance, stage two: maybe an olympic run, stage three-four: women. I might be at stage 6 or 7 by now. And believe me when I tell you, plyometric or distance training is not required in stage 7. Perhaps I could perform better should I somehow need to jump vertically onto my desk this afternoon or run two towns over to hand deliver a message. However, that is a risk I am willing to take. But keep at it. Keep that dream alive. I envy you actually. I see you at the gym in your homemade sleeveless shirts, throwing medicine balls at each other. Believe me, I’d go back. It sucks here in stage 7. The goal up here is to stay in good enough shape to look good while beating your kids in every activity. And I will beat them down, seriously, I will kick their a**.

No offense taken. I’m not talking about homemade sleeveless shirts and medicine balls, I’m talking about moderate aerobic exercise for at least 1/2 hour at least 3 times per week, plus some stretching and maybe a little strength training (e. g. pushups and pullups). As opposed to lying on the couch drinking beer for that extra 3 hours a week or so (though I know how tempting that is). I personally prefer to do a little more than that - say 5 hours of aerobic work a week if I can - but I know it’s difficult to manage sometimes.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No offense taken. I’m not talking about homemade > sleeveless shirts and medicine balls, I’m talking > about moderate aerobic exercise for at least 1/2 > hour at least 3 times per week, plus some > stretching and maybe a little strength training > (e. g. pushups and pullups). As opposed to lying > on the couch drinking beer for that extra 3 hours > a week or so (though I know how tempting that is). You can’t be the Cap’n if you are lying on your can. I salute you sir.

what’s wrong with homemade sleeveless shirts? how else would i show off my barbed wire tattoo?

Thank you mwvt9. In my world that minimum amount of exercise I mentioned is indeed a requirement for promotion to the rank of Captain.

Speaking of tatoos, I have a huge one of the old school New England Patriots logo on my upper back, but you can’t see it when I have a shirt on no matter how sleeveless it is. I’m not a Patriots fan but if you saw it you’d have to admit it looks AWESOME.

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > as for infomercials it is all about the sham wow > right now baby. Speak of the devil. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

wow. seriously. That sucks. I guess that run for the white house is off.