Fixed Income

snore… am i the only one?

I think it’s the most important topic in finance…

my favorite subject… 100x better then that accounting crap!

I concentrated my masters on fixed income derivatives.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it’s the most important topic in > finance… second that

I think I know it… But I always score the least in FI.

Tell that to Salomon brothers.

my favorite and one of my strongest topic areas.

same here cfasuicide this is the first time i’ve been introduced to the majority of the material in this curriculum and i find fi a lot more interesting than equities

Seriously Meazza…LOL. What’s that book about them? Love bonds…

yeah, i find it a lot more comprehensive. i struggle a lot with the equity, which i will be reviewing today along with quant once i stop procrastinating.

I read a book from Richard Bookstabber about Salomon brothers. Can’t remember the name.

demon of our own design?..great book.

Yes. You’d think it was a book from the guy who wrote Da Vinci code with a cover like that (my memory is failing me this morning)

haha yeah, the cover is a bit dramatic.

Hmm, that isn’t the one I am thinking of. Liar’s Poker is what I am thinking of.

I will read it.

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm, that isn’t the one I am thinking of. Liar’s > Poker is what I am thinking of. That was a long time ago. When the events of that book were going on, I spent lots of time at Henry Kaufman’s (chief economist of Salomon Bros) house. I talked about lots of academic things, played cards, drank beer, etc. Because his son was my lab partner in high school in the 1970’s so he hung out in his basement.

Impressive Joey, you must have some stories! They were a crazy lot. Bond traders still are of course.

No the point is I don’t - I spent all my time with his son. Those events happened forever ago.