Fixed Income

On an average how long does it take to study Fixed Income study sessions 15 and 16? -CFA_Austin

if you have no background, some of it can make you pull your hair out. at this point, with so much time to level I, i would take a good 3 weeks with fixed income and make sure you get it all in bootstrapping and forward rates could smack you hard, so get ready (I assume you have no background in this – apologies if you do)

> > bootstrapping and forward rates could smack you > hard, so get ready (I assume you have no > background in this – apologies if you do) That and duration/convexities. SS15 is enjoyable, SS16 is a bear.

I second the motion on bootstrapping and forward rate derivation!

I have basic information about Fixed Income so agree that SS15 will be relatively ok. My first perusal of SS16 worried me…

i agree. at first go round, i actually found this more difficult then SS 9-10.

Get a good grasp of it now and you’ll save yourself a lot of time in LII & LIII.

The alternative method in schwser i.e average…is it good enough, its pretty easy than those formulas

done with 62 and 63. Working on 64 right now…not bad so far…

cannot seem to put #64 to bed so that I can jump on #65

i found those readings fascinating and i flew through them with no background in finance

Agreed…it is interesting material…but seems slightly time consuming since it is mostly theory…