FML...

You don’t need proof of travel for an expedited Passport. (but I’m sure it won’t hurt) You can just let them know you need proof of citizenship/id for an exam. In November (two weeks before the L1 exam) I realized that my Drivers lic was expired . Next day, when I went to the DMV, they gave me a paper printout of a lic and said my new plastic license would arrive in 10-14 business days. (not good) I made an appointment for an expedited passport using their 24 hr appointment line 1-877-487-2778. - luckily there was availability the next day I had a passport in hand 3 days later …and I saved a few dollars and a few days by picking up the passport in person instead of having it FedExed to me. Good luck - this is not the kind of stress you need now!

***UPDATE*** Fantastic news everyone! Passport arrived today!! Woohoo! Too bad I look like a serial killer in the picture. Turns out I did need proof of travel. But forged travel papers and 200 bucks later, I’m sitting pretty to take the exam. Now if i can only remember what’s on the test…

FML = financial market line