Food for thought (distraction)

So no one had ever gotten 100% on this sucker, so CFAI says. My question is, 100,000 people hold charters, how has not one of them ever gotten 100. I am in no way challenging the toughness of the test. I myself will be bent over by it on Saturday. I just have to think, in all the yrs and in all the test papers, and all the Joey D’s and CPKs, someone, somewhere, at sometime had to go 120 out of 120. Sorry for the distraction, but just to break the tension. And I also am tired of talking about the scoring system. Just curious if anyone else questions the 100% claim.

Thats not a distraction… you are still talking about the exam… I just put a neck gator on because my neck was itching because I took the week off work and haven’t shaved. I am sitting in my kitchen wearing boxers, a lacrosse pinny and a neck gator… that is a distraction.

what the hell is a neck gator?

I’m totally with you… i’ve thought about this a lot too. 1) What is the probability of randomly getting a 100%? 1b) how many people have taken the test? (will be waaaayyyy more than the 100k charter holders i would think) 2) The test was easier back in the day… I think when they first started the passage rates were like 70-80% or something ridiculous like that. All in all, i don’t buy it.

neck gator… like when you go skiing… its like neck only of a turtle neck. possibly you’re not a winter person… its like the muffin top of a muffin?

I just ordered dominoes - got two mediums - fiery hawaiian (amazing) and a pepperoni that is some food for my thoughts

i gotcha jason…just never heard it called that. not a skier either, so that could be why

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just ordered dominoes - got two mediums - fiery > hawaiian (amazing) and a pepperoni > > that is some food for my thoughts I heart dominos. Pasta bowls are good also.

I have a good feeling about passing rate It is the first year they introduced 3 choice exam in 2005, first year Lv2 turned into MC, the passing rate is 55% that said, it is a year with change, good chance they would let us pass

im hoping that a fluke accident happens and they end up having to pass all level 2ers only on this once in a lifetime event

CFAdreams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So no one had ever gotten 100% on this sucker, so > CFAI says. > > My question is, 100,000 people hold charters, how > has not one of them ever gotten 100. I am in no > way challenging the toughness of the test. I > myself will be bent over by it on Saturday. I > just have to think, in all the yrs and in all the > test papers, and all the Joey D’s and CPKs, > someone, somewhere, at sometime had to go 120 out > of 120. > > Sorry for the distraction, but just to break the > tension. And I also am tired of talking about the > scoring system. Just curious if anyone else > questions the 100% claim. b/c once someone makes a 100%, CFAI will go back and say one of their questions had the wrong answer.

^Skip, come on man, we dont need fluke accidents… for every cpk there is one “whats a porter?”

Nep-hi Wrote: > > b/c once someone makes a 100%, CFAI will go back > and say one of their questions had the wrong > answer. I actually believe the same thing… i think they intentionally leave gray area, so they can change their mind after all graded… thats what takes the grading process so long… thye grade them all, someone gets 100, then they grade them all again with the new answers

I think it is legit that no one has gotten 100%, but it is due to the vagueness of the tests and the implied meaning of the questions. Sometimes the implied meaning of the questions is different than one would think and they are not all straightforward.

it’s so wrong… where are their Ethics!!! They run a regression on it and then say, “ohhh that 100% was significant, lets make it INSIGNIFICANT…”

I think their viewpoint is more or less: . . . “yeah we have some grey area questions” . . . but “hopefully candidates know enough of the material so if they are in the grey area on some question responses and get them wrong, they will have enough margin of safety to pass the exam if adequately prepared.”

even the grey area can be challenged with some luck factor at some point thou…