For a retake which one is better Stalla, Schweser, Elan?

On line lectures? and Qbank vs. pass master? The Elan equivalent of those? (for L1) Thank you for the input in advance!

What did you use last time around? They’ve all got their fans and you’ll find loads of reviews here. Use the search function. FYI: Elan gives a 40% retaker discount.

I used Schweser, felt that it was ok, but not great, i saw that Elan is very reasonable (40% off for retake), and has a big fan club, was wondering if anyone has experience with more then one.

I used Schweser, its ok… I took Elan free exam very similar to the actual exam… going with Elan for retake…

Elan offers a lot of material for free in their trial offer. Since you’ve already experienced schweser you should be able to tell how they are different based on the trial. From my experience I like their stuff a lot and they’re so much cheaper too. Are you writing in June or Dec?

Used Schweser in 2008 and Elan in 2010. Passed last year so didn’t get to try Stalla :stuck_out_tongue: Forget the price difference. IMHO Elan is better than Schweser

Did you get just the notes from both or other products as well? bhabib Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Used Schweser in 2008 and Elan in 2010. Passed > last year so didn’t get to try Stalla :stuck_out_tongue: > > Forget the price difference. IMHO Elan is better > than Schweser

bhabib Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Used Schweser in 2008 and Elan in 2010. Passed > last year so didn’t get to try Stalla :stuck_out_tongue: > > Forget the price difference. IMHO Elan is better > than Schweser Schweser’s Qbank and their practice exams are OK. I don’t have any experience with Elan, but I heard good things about them.

@ Cindrella: I got Schweser’s Premium Solution and Elans Ultimate Pack.

Where did you get this free exam? Is it the same as the ones they sell on their website? cfabuzz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used Schweser, its ok… I took Elan free exam > very similar to the actual exam… going with Elan > for retake…

jawz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where did you get this free exam? Is it the same > as the ones they sell on their website? > > cfabuzz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I used Schweser, its ok… I took Elan free exam > > very similar to the actual exam… going with > Elan > > for retake… It was on their website… Online Exam…

Having some finance background, would it be suffencient to study off of the Schweser material and only use the CFA curriculum for additional review? I find that the Schweser notes does a very good job summarizing the key concepts and what’s important.

I experienced both Schweser Qbank and Stalla’s Passmaster. Although the Qbank has some nice features, I’d take the Passmaster software any day of the week. Stalla’s video lectures are also superior than Schweser’s. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one when it comes to review, but I think Stalla is better.

www.cfamockexam.com It a compilation of their practice questions I believe. Definitely different from the ones they sell on their website thought. jawz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where did you get this free exam? Is it the same > as the ones they sell on their website? > > cfabuzz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I used Schweser, its ok… I took Elan free exam > > very similar to the actual exam… going with > Elan > > for retake…

I have been using Elan’s Ultimate Pack for a couple of months and am very happy with the materials. My firm has now agreed to pay for a course as well I am wondering whether I should enroll in the Schweser online classes as well. Is there a point? I know Peter Olinto from Stalla was great but they are not around any more. Can any of you guys who have experience with both Elan and Schweser offer some advice? Thanks in advance. ANYONE?! Please?

I would say Schweser. But you should do Ethics from CFAI Text. EOC questions are the least which you should do and CFAI EOC Summaries are very important. I believe just don’t stick yourself in identifying the best material provider rather figure out the reasons of failure. There could be other and very significant reasons of failure. Devise a strategy give at least 2 full length mocks a part from CFA Mock & revise the syllabus 2 times before you start appearing for your mocks.

Thanks Mohammad Belaal. I appreciate the advice. I am hoping to leave a good month at the end for review/practice. Hope that’s enough.

Schweser’s online classes are like 50 hours and they expect you to have read the material before hand if you want to take away anything from those classes. Elan’s lectures are more detailed and like 75 hours or something. In a way the instructor teaches you from scratch. Some think it’s overkill, but I definitely appreciated the depth of their videos. At Level II I definitely feel the need to them.

Thanks jawz! I see your point about Elan’s videos. Given that I am happy with their course (I am doing very weill on both the practice questions and the EOC) I think I’ll save the money for now and consider attending a review seminar closer to the exam. Something like a Creighton bootcamp or intensive review seminar. Thanks and good luck for Level II

I have used Elan and Schweser and I think either set of guides is more than sufficient to pass Level I if accompanied by sufficient practice. From my experience I would say that Elan has a slight edge based on their videos and the Eleventh Hour Guide. Of course, that’s just my $0.02