For all those banging their heads on the FSA book

I have been working on it forever, I am in the last chapter and I am so happy to say the last 3-4 chapters are calming. No part A-F, i.-vii. Just nice mulitple choice questions. I can’t believe I am spending so much time on this. Anyway, there is hope. i do have a question, these last few chapters seem easy, are they really easy or am I just starting to finally get FSA?

I finished watching the Schweser VCD on FSA last week and the Schweser book on FSA. I felt that I have to read the CFAI text on FSA and do the End Chapter questions. I just finished SS#8 and moving on to SS#9. By doing the questions, I learn the concept as well as the calculation better. Good luck pal.

I agree, I did all the questions, but they are extremely time-consuming. Brutal is more like it. I should get the Schweser to make things easier on myself for FSA.

Guys - Please dont make me panic by saying that Schweser is no good in FSA. I am about to bet my life on it and here you did a bang before I even started!

I started reading the CFAI book yesterday and I am about 100 pages in. I find it pretty good. I have not received my Schweser notes yet (they are taking their time). However, I was using the online LOS and QBANK and found that some of the questions do not correspond with the LOS and refer to the LOS that is 3 screens ahead… I find it pretty confusing.

I just finished my second reading of CFAI’s volume 3, FSA. The readings in the middle portion of the text are written by Fried, Sondhi, and White. I had their Financial Statement Analysis textbook back in college and their writings are as dry as a bone. You will spend the most time on those readings as the material is more in depth (you’re actually modifying financial statements and THEN computing new ratios) and the problems are time consuming (let alone the authors do a lousy job explaining the answers in the appendix). The readings at the beginning and end of the book are written by different authors. They’re more straightforward, and the practice problems are MC. Make no mistake, you will be spending a significant amount of time on the readings by Fried, Sondhi, and White.

I agree. The reading is boring and not that clear, and the problems are so time consuming. Finally I gave up and hope Schweser would help me on this.

yodzinka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started reading the CFAI book yesterday and I am > about 100 pages in. I find it pretty good. > > I have not received my Schweser notes yet (they > are taking their time). However, I was using the > online LOS and QBANK and found that some of the > questions do not correspond with the LOS and refer > to the LOS that is 3 screens ahead… I find it > pretty confusing. Interesting, that makes so much sense. I have to say the Econ book is almost humorous in a weird sort of way.