For all those who haven't started the practice exams yet...

You are not alone! I’ll finish reviewing my material monday night, so i’ll have only 4 days to do 3 or 4 exams if lucky… May god/allah/buddha/le bon dieu/ and every supernatural power help us!

i have not started yet …but will start from today …mostly i will do topic wise practise exam

dang thats crazy…

I’m finishing reviewing book 5 (schweser) for the second time and doing 120Q’s covering this book this friday/saturday. Sunday will read all LOS summaries in the end of each chapter, and then starting monday I will do one exam a day. I think this will be the grand finale of my studying and the most important part. I understand everything I read in the books, but applying and forgetting suff in book 1 when I’m on book 5 is what gets me. Hoping that 360 questions from entire curriculum will be good practice to start seeing patterns and keep everything in mind fresh.

Did L1 without taking any exams, mocks, samples, or whatever.

I am also starting tomorrow.

starting tommrow,

I too did L1 without any mock, samples etc… but definitely solved 3000+ questions bfr the exam . Not sure what to do for lvl 2… Presently finishing up all the questions from CFAI books as till now I was doing questions just from the QBank.

Me too. Starting prac exams in a big way on Saturday - then doing them every day till exam time, with minor review on the constantly crap areas. Will take a bunch of energy, but this is it!

Keep in mind that you probably need to give at least 3 hours of corrections and reviews over the mistakes for each exam…so a total of at least 9 hours a day next week, probably more if you wanna review other things as well… it’s gonna be a hell of a week. Keep it up!

iblees82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Keep in mind that you probably need to give at > least 3 hours of corrections and reviews over the > mistakes for each exam…so a total of at least > 9 hours a day next week, probably more if you > wanna review other things as well… > > it’s gonna be a hell of a week. Keep it up! no way. 3 hours? it takes me about 30-40 minutes to review a 60-question exam. and that includes writing all the concepts i got wrong into an excel sheet and making sure i understand everything.

i guess it depends how thorugh you want to be… with the mock i take it a little slower, and review the entire concept being tested, not just the question… odds are if they are testing on current/temporal and where CTA goes in current (the equity section of balance sheet) they wotn ask that again… however they may ask where does cta go in temporal. and i will be ready for it

Yeah I’m in the same crap. Started volume 2, but not as a real simulation thing. Will start volume 1 for real on monday. Happy to see i m not alone.

Its time you start doing exams. i did a schweser review and then a stalla review. But if I keep revising and doing questions, this thing does not end. Hit the mock, schweser/stalla practice whatever. Dont go in the exam without it. People have different experiences however, lot of ppl i know say there is a very high correlation btw mock and passing cfa exams! Good luck!

Oh well, I will be lucky if I can finish the material by monday. My plan is to start taking exams come thursday, and friday, I know cutting it real close. it hurts! i mean lack of sleep.

Not taking much exams. I did just the CFAI free mock for L1. That is what I will do for L2. I will prefer going over the whole material again and again in the rest of the time. However, I still have not finished the course. Plan to complete it by Sunday night or Monday afternoon. If you have studied in a certain fashion, you will know whether that has hurt you by giving a mock. Then you can work over the shortcomings, once you know what has lacked in your style. And then give the afternoon free mock after covering those shortcomings. If you have mastered the concepts and have lot of time I guess then you have nothing else to do but give mocks, as many as you can (It is better than worrying about the exam as you will have lot of time to think irrelevant stuff about it). However, the people who set the exam will ensure that the material they have provided is sufficient for everyone to at least pass the exam. All these standard exams are set in such a way that you do not get unfair advantage by taking lot of mocks from various teaching institutes out there.

I just finished eoc question from book 4 so tonight i will do book 5 and tomorrow 6 and start practice exams on Monday. for level 1 I was less prepared. I didn’t even took the free mock exam. just didn’t had time for it. I studied the whole with just 2 hours sleep. but now I hopefully have time to do practice exams.

I just did the Mock 1 morning…seems to me there is way less actual calculations and number crunching than I though there would be. Testing the understanding of our concepts pretty much. Is it closely representative to the real exam though, thats what im wondering about…

i remember lvl one i barely used my calculator so i would think so