For Level III candidates

Ideally I would go ask this in the Level III forum, but some of the guys over there sit on the front porch with a shotgun waiting for trespassers. For those of you who passed Level II can you please share what you did? There is a lot of information scattered all over the forums but it would be nice to get full stories from survivors. How much did you study? What did you score on mocks? What was the best way to study, reading or solving? Just anything you feel is worth sharing. I know each person does their own thing, but that does not mean there is nothing to learn from passers. Thanks!!

gulf how many times can we ask the same questions

I passed level 2 primarily through osmosis, by letting the material soak into my body. The primary method I used for 4 months was to place all my CFA Institute books in a single stack on top of a table. Then I would slam my head into the stack for 30-45 minutes every day so the material would enter my brain. I would rotate which book was on top of this stack once a week. So one week it would be Volume 1, then next week it was Volume 2. I did this alone for about 3 months. For the final month of the exam during the weekends, I would wear clothing that is basically like a paper mache suit made out of photocopies of the material. I photocopied all the formulas, EOC questions from the book, and key concepts. I then make a paper (mache) suit and wear it almost 24/7 for weekends (this attire was not permitted in my office, or I would wear it there also). I found this approach also helped the material sink into my body very well. If you need help on making paper mache clothing, I recommend this site (http://www.papiermache.co.uk/). They have excellent how-to articles.

literally just laughed out loud

I dont want this posted on Level 2 forum either

I studied 1000 hours and passed. My friend studying for two weeks and passed. Hope this helps.

So any amount between 2 weeks and 1000 hours should be good… On a serious note, thanks for the comic relief. If you’re unable to figure out what your plan is with less than 50 days remaining, just give up. But please show up to exam day to help with the curve.

prophets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I passed level 2 primarily through osmosis, by > letting the material soak into my body. The > primary method I used for 4 months was to place > all my CFA Institute books in a single stack on > top of a table. Then I would slam my head into > the stack for 30-45 minutes every day so the > material would enter my brain. I would rotate > which book was on top of this stack once a week. > So one week it would be Volume 1, then next week > it was Volume 2. I did this alone for about 3 > months. > > For the final month of the exam during the > weekends, I would wear clothing that is basically > like a paper mache suit made out of photocopies of > the material. I photocopied all the formulas, EOC > questions from the book, and key concepts. I then > make a paper (mache) suit and wear it almost 24/7 > for weekends (this attire was not permitted in my > office, or I would wear it there also). I found > this approach also helped the material sink into > my body very well. > > If you need help on making paper mache clothing, I > recommend this site > (http://www.papiermache.co.uk/). They have > excellent how-to articles. This is pure gold!

GULFA, here’s what you should do. study until you have insomnia and heart palpitations. Study until you start thinking about the CFA in your sleep. Study until you feel like you were hit over the head with a sledgehammer… And then study some more…There’s really no other answer and I’m sure this is what a level III candidate would tell you.

That sounds like too much work. Fortunately for me, I have a talking dog who mastered the material and then taught it to me.

hey ohai how much for the dog?

Ohai, I am also interested. Can you please send the dog to doggyposition@gmail.com Thank you

I have a small gift for you gulfcfa. It was written for L3 but sounds like it also worked for L2. Very good points: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1194675,1194675#msg-1194675

Also buddy, stay positive and keep trying. You are right to be worried and looking for more recommendations. For this level, I think you can study like a mad dog for 800hrs but if you study the wrong stuff, wrong strategy, wrong focus… you are doomed b/c by the time you find out it’s not working it’s too f-ing late. There’s no credit for effort. Map out a very good day to day plan and execute! I am trying to do the same thing and not panic. If you like to talk further, email me at arch3663 @ gmail dot com. I can share some of my experiences with you. I like to see you succeed. You can do it!

People always complain about these type of questions but they are questions we have all wondered at one point or another so no point complaining about it. For all the curt responses on here there is a real lack of constructive criticism to solve the problem. I would suggest a thread that permanently appears on page 1 of the forum. FAQ’s for Level II or something of that ilk. It would be helpful for all concerned.