For Performance Band 10 Retakers

Hi, Taken for granted that the 10-ers will retake the L2 exam in 2009, what will you change in your learning approach? Cheers, Coolio

improve my weakest subjects

same as above. Just go over everything again and pray that lady luck is on my side.

No special training or special tools?

Read ethics at least 42 times. Convinced that’s where I blew it. Going below 50% is regoddamned ridiculous and I went at it knowing that it was going to be tough. Fixed income/Econ- pay attention to the stupid small details in the curriculum.(ie BOP) PM- pay attention to the stupid smallest of details in the curriculum. A lot of it comes down to luck as well. Guessing wrong on 2 questions over the test can put you below the mps.

no 10 yr college reunion weekend before the test this time around

anyway, bannis it would be a 11-yr reunion, assuming you had the 10-yr last time round.

^ exactly, and those are stupid so i won’t be partying up and not studying the weekend before the exam this time around. it was really fun though. no regrets.

coolio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > Taken for granted that the 10-ers will retake the > L2 exam in 2009, what will you change in your > learning approach? > > Cheers, > Coolio I will not underestimate econ and ethics again…

I was considering using the CFAI texts but its not my cup of tea. Gonna stick with Schweser and work on weak areas. I’ll also be adding all the end of reading Q’s from the CFAI texts.

big bla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was considering using the CFAI texts but its not > my cup of tea. Gonna stick with Schweser and work > on weak areas. I’ll also be adding all the end of > reading Q’s from the CFAI texts. ================================================== “I was considering using the CFAI texts but its not > my cup of tea” is doing CFA really your cup of tea?

I will drill FSA and equity and stop drinking while studying, or maybe I should drink more?

Hey Banny - can I call you tonight? I have a predicament and need some guidance. Ummm…okay, thanks.

CFA_IND Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > big bla Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I was considering using the CFAI texts but its > not > > my cup of tea. Gonna stick with Schweser and > work > > on weak areas. I’ll also be adding all the end > of > > reading Q’s from the CFAI texts. > > ================================================== > > > “I was considering using the CFAI texts but its > not > > my cup of tea” > > is doing CFA really your cup of tea? Settle down I’m not into using the CFAI texts thats all. I prefer the style of the notes rather than the texts. I didn’t fail because I didn’t use the CFAI Texts, but by not studying hard enough.

zim- just saw this- i can call you after work.