For the Exam VS Discussion

Dumb question I know, but reading the Schweser IPS questions: Is the For the Exam sections all you need for full points ? Just asking cause there is no way I am writing that little.

probably the absolute key question for whole exam in my mind. some say a few bullet points is enough. i.e. the right bullet points, but shouldn’t be that hard. others say write alot because if you don’t know you may be able to finesse the marker. my thought is go with the first. i heard they basically just look for key phrases (or synonyms obviously)

some have said there is an inverse correlation to points awarded and amount of writing. its probably because when you arent sure what they want and and you are nerved up you vomit everything you know and hope they will find the key words/ideas they are looking for.

eriqnoodle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > some have said there is an inverse correlation to > points awarded and amount of writing. its > probably because when you arent sure what they > want and and you are nerved up you vomit > everything you know and hope they will find the > key words/ideas they are looking for. that’s actually what i think too… i’d say markers are very skeptical of long answers to simple questions, and might not have the patience to go thru tons of extraneous info

Plus they only take the required amount of answers. For example if they are looking for 2 answer response to a question, and you babble on with 10 thoughts and 8 are right but the first two are wrong you will get zero points.

From all the practice tests and talking to people who have taken it recently, it seems that if you know exactly what the question is asking, you shouldn’t have to write much.

#$@!% Schweser. Take a look at the guideline answers from actual exams.

CFAI even says don’t write out the guideline answer.

i am glad i am not the only one confused here its the IPS questions I am writing too much about - especially giving more info than asked then getting docked marks for it