For the repeaters

I asked this yesterday, but didn’t really get any responses… The vignettes on the free sample exam seemed very short to me (but well written). If you have taken the free sample this year, do they compare to the real thing? I was wondering if they shortened the vignettes because this sample exam is administred on the computer.

vignettes can be pretty long…especially the ethics ones…and stuff like fsa or translation with all the tables etc… plus i dunno if it was just me…theyuse a really big font…on the actual exam day…i felt like i was reading a children’s story book

Look at the sample exam in book 7 if you have it. It has the 2006 exam. I think the vignettes match the sample exams approximately.

Thanks pink. Good idea.

^ yes they are considerably shorter than Schweser however more ambiguous and not as straight forward.

You’re smoking crack if you think the CFAI vignettes are more ambiguous than Schweser.

“You’re smoking crack if you think the CFAI vignettes are more ambiguous than Schweser.” I second that emotion.

^ well from what I recall they were but then again I have not done any Schewser practice exams yet, just the Q Bank end of SS exams which are very straight forward if you ask me.

yea the qbank is very straightforward. I did some qbank and concept checkers and then I did book 6. The questions were different like night and day, black and white, sonny and chere, cradle robber and gold digger…

“You’re smoking crack if you think the CFAI vignettes are more ambiguous than Schweser.” Agreed. Each exam question is like having 3-4 SS end of chapter concepts (not the challenging one) combined into one oddly worded two part question.

For all the b*tching I do about the questions themselves last year, one thing I canNOT say about the CFA questions is that they were “difficult.” For the most part, if you knew the material, you knew what they were asking, you could’ve answered the question.

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For all the b*tching I do about the questions > themselves last year, one thing I canNOT say about > the CFA questions is that they were “difficult.” > For the most part, if you knew the material, you > knew what they were asking, you could’ve answered > the question. This is the same observation I’m noticing in studying though I’m not a repeater (this year). Next year when I am a repeater I will post again to this thread to confirm officially.