For the romantic guys out there...

WELL SHE HAD IT FIRST!

So before ass_man got into a shouting match, this was a thread about how to compete with that kinda mushy bend-over-backwards crap. Best book I ever read (as a teen, actually) on relationships was called the five languages of love. Lame as hell looking, get a brown bag cover on it, but laid out a theory I like that there are basically five ways to communicate affection to your significant other. All will be recognized as affection, but virtually all people are more sensitive to one than the others. I’m doing this from memory, but I think they were 1) Physical touch (back rub, foot rub) 2) Acts of kindness (I made you breakfast) 3) Saying nice stuff (I’d give the moon and sun and all the stars, if we could ‘you know’…) 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful pearl necklace…) 5) Spending time together For me, physical touch is just about the be-all end-all. I asked my long time girlfriend for a computer mouse for my birthday, and if I don’t get it, I won’t be hurt. But if she rubs my back and shins when were watching TV, I’m in heaven. For her, she’s big on saying nice stuff and acts of kindness. I try to do little crap for her that reminds her that she matters to me and I also vocalize what it is I like about her frequently. My suggestion would be find out what makes your girlfriend tick and target that. No point buying her expensive gifts and spending time together if all she wants is an act of kindness that shows you went out of your way a little bit for her, y’know? -SSF

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful pearl > necklace…) I thought those were free.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersadface Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful pearl > > necklace…) > > I thought those were free. I chose that example only to hit the one-sexual-joke-minimum-per-post quota.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > supersadface Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful > pearl > > > necklace…) > > > > I thought those were free. > > > I chose that example only to hit the > one-sexual-joke-minimum-per-post quota. Well done.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > supersadface Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful > pearl > > > necklace…) > > > > I thought those were free. > > > I chose that example only to hit the > one-sexual-joke-minimum-per-post quota. Hm, that left a nice taste in my mouth.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersadface Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > higgmond Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > supersadface Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful > > pearl > > > > necklace…) > > > > > > I thought those were free. > > > > > > I chose that example only to hit the > > one-sexual-joke-minimum-per-post quota. > > > Hm, that left a nice taste in my mouth. His pearl necklace?

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > supersadface Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > higgmond Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > supersadface Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > 4) Presents (I bought you this beautiful > > > pearl > > > > > necklace…) > > > > > > > > I thought those were free. > > > > > > > > > I chose that example only to hit the > > > one-sexual-joke-minimum-per-post quota. > > > > > > Hm, that left a nice taste in my mouth. > > > His pearl necklace? Pearl necklaces aren’t designed for consumption by other than the most highly double jointed freaks. Warmed oysters, however, are delicious for serving to female friends.