For those Dec 07 who didn't make it and re-taking in June 08!

I guess after running away from the fact that i really failed for the last couple of hours, i have come to face the fact. Afterall, i admit i didn’t spent as much time as those who passed and messed up the paper by randomly answering 50qns due to lack of time. I’ve learnt an expensive lesson on timing and knowing my facts so all is not wasted. Anyway, all those who failed, maybe we can come together and nail it in June 08! Afterall, most of our buddies will be moving on to the next level. Good luck to you guys! :slight_smile: My main qn on this thread i guess will concern quite a number of us who intend to re-take. I know that when we register, we will be given the CFAI text, but those of us who have the other text materials such as Schweser, Stalla etc, any idea if there is any changes to the June 08 LOS and anything we should add/remove from it. For a start, i heard regression will be out. Any advice or links to the relevant site will be appreciated. I’m sure most of you who already have the existing materials would want to use it instead of getting new ones especially so if the changes have been minimal. And if you’re feeling disheartened just like me, chin up! We’ll make it through together! :slight_smile:

I feel your pain. I just got my results. I did worse than I thought. I’m not going to post my grades. The first thing I did today was sign up to re-take the exam and bought schweser’s medium package at 500$. I have 4 1/2 months to redeem myself. I am down, but determined!

I just have too much materials already. Some from Schweser and Stalla so i really don’t want to get another set. I remember seeing a post right after the dec paper on a site that tells you the updates on the LOS…Hopefully someone can let us know :slight_smile: It seems like it’s only the both of us who have failed…where are the rest!? lol It’s time to unite and not shy away from reality :slight_smile:

search for posts by user manavsachdeva. He has some website of his own – i believe where he has listed the LOSs between 2007 and 2008 and the differences there on. www.geocities.com/manavsachdeva Regards, CP

Thanks CP and btw Congrats! :slight_smile:

i failed december 07 too and will be retaking it in june. i’m planning on using the same 07 schweser notes and supplementing it with the textbooks for the new readings. i’m also planning on buying the qbank this time.

mystically Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess after running away from the fact that i > really failed for the last couple of hours, i have > come to face the fact. Afterall, i admit i didn’t > spent as much time as those who passed and messed > up the paper by randomly answering 50qns due to > lack of time. I’ve learnt an expensive lesson on > timing and knowing my facts so all is not wasted. > > Anyway, all those who failed, maybe we can come > together and nail it in June 08! Afterall, most of > our buddies will be moving on to the next level. > Good luck to you guys! :slight_smile: > > My main qn on this thread i guess will concern > quite a number of us who intend to re-take. I know > that when we register, we will be given the CFAI > text, but those of us who have the other text > materials such as Schweser, Stalla etc, any idea > if there is any changes to the June 08 LOS and > anything we should add/remove from it. For a > start, i heard regression will be out. > > Any advice or links to the relevant site will be > appreciated. I’m sure most of you who already have > the existing materials would want to use it > instead of getting new ones especially so if the > changes have been minimal. > > And if you’re feeling disheartened just like me, > chin up! We’ll make it through together! :slight_smile: I am not feeling soo good after I hear that you have not made it to LII. But as always, new day, new start to a new world… and life goes on… we’ill talk it offline.

mystic, I’m retaking in June. Not buying any new books. I have stalla and the old cfai texts. I’m going to use those and supplement with the new books. I figure the information they test on can’t change too much. Going through the material again with the new stuff and the questions in the cfai book should be enough. I might get the questions from schweser later on if I feel like I need more. We can’t fuck it up this time.