For those repeating

ConfusedbyCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Isn’t corporate finance grouped in with equities? Did you really pass L1? It is a part of FSA

hey now

I don’t see why you have to ask if I passed level 1. I just think of corporate finance as being closer related to equity than FSA.

I don’t agree, I think there is stuff in Equity which should be a part of Corporate Finance.

and I think all of ethics should be appendized (not a word I know)

Which is the point I’m trying to make. I think equity and corp finance are related, but don’t see the relation between FSA and corp finance. Anyways, it doesn’t really matter how they catagorize it. Each question is equally weighted on the exam anyways.

Ethics is useless anyway. If you can’t score 100% on Ethics despite having read the whole thing, there is no way that is a good code. Too complicated and therefore useless in practice.

Too subjective

Did they add Alternative Investments this year? http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html Looks like it’s own section or was this the same as last year? I can’t imagine “Real Estate” would be under equity analysis. Maybe

Don’t you have the Alternative Investments Book?

Real estate and alt investments are under equity. Study session 13.

“I would put my money on IRP/PPP question in [econ]” This is what we all just figured last year, but instead the vignette was this arbitrary who knows what with no math whatsoever. My opinion, at this point based on nothing, is that the exam is both qualitattive and quantitative and they ask “X” number of questions of each. Since sections like equity and quant are obviously going to lean quantitative, then I believe they would TEND to lean towards the qualitative in sections where they are most able, i.e. Econ. This is based on nothing at all, but that seemed to happen last year. Of course, this year you could get triangular arbitrage in Econ and IPS in PM.

Well, it’s under SS #13. They do Residual Income…then straight into Real Estate and Hedge Funds. The whole thing is odd to me.

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Of course, this year you could get > triangular arbitrage in Econ and IPS in PM. We could only be so lucky…that would be awesome!

Last year, did they have 5-15 weighting on Alternative Investments? I don’t remember, but I don’t think they did. That could limit your Quant and Econ to 1 question again…2 will probably go to PM.

Or just just have one less item set of some of the equity stuff that was tested last year

The focus of the exam is equity analysis, so I doubt it.

Equity is pretty much the same material as last year so no reason to change that. My guess: Quant +1 FSA -1 And that’ll be it.

Huge Difference in the Syllabus 2007 Ethics 5-15% Quant 0-10% Econ 0-10% FSA 15-25% Corp Fin 5-15% Equity 20-30% Fixed Inc 5-15% Derivatives 0-10% PM 5-15% 2008 Ethics 10% Quant 5-10% Econ 5-10% FSA 15-25% Corp Fin 5-15% Equity 20-30% Fixed Inc 5-15% Derivatives 5-15% Alt. Inv. 5-15% PM 5-15%

Are we really debating over what they could possibly test us on? Come on…we’re better than that. I’m not going to prioritize because everything that we study is game to be tested. Just my two cents.