For those repeating

How many item set questions did you get on Quants and Economics? I know ethics is 10% therefore, 2 item sets, do we get them back to back or one on each exam?

I am not repeating candidate this year but might be one next year. From the tests I have taken I think there will 2 for Quants and 1 for Econ and PM each.

I really hope we get 1 quants only and 1 economics. I don’t mind PM except for ICAMP with all that FCRP b/s.

^^ agreed expect one on time series for sure - the other could be multiple/linear regression or another time series if we’re really unlucky econ - atleast 1 PM - i would think 2 - one calculation based and another on IPS…

Yep, I can’t imagine they won’t include time series. There will be one of them on the exam so that makes 2 quants. PM will be two as well, especially with the amount of material this year.

haha maybe that means LESS FSA since they have to put all this new quant and PM stuff.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep, I can’t imagine they won’t include time > series. There will be one of them on the exam so > that makes 2 quants. > > PM will be two as well, especially with the amount > of material this year. CFAI Mock exams and BSAS had one question on PM and 2 on Quants. They might give 2 on PM and then 3 on FSA instead of 4.

Makes sense. FSA is not that much, you can see the same stuff being covered in every Schweser/BSAS simply because that’s all it is. For PM they seem to be able to come up with new stuff each and every time.

2007: Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - Economics 18 - Equity Analysis 72 - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - General Portfolio Management 36 - Quantitative Analysis 18 2006: Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - Economics 18 - Equity Analysis 72 - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - General Portfolio Management 18 - Quantitative Analysis 36 2005: Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% Multiple Choice - Derivatives 36 - Economics 18 - Equity Analysis 72 - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - General Portfolio Management 36 - Quantitative Analysis 18 Not that we can necessarily conclude anything from this, but the only areas that have changed in weighting since 2005 are PM/Quant. They can’t give us 2 sections each on PM, econ and quant, they would have to get rid of some of the FSA/equity questions to make room. Doesn’t seem likely. I might guess that quant will be 36 given the changes, with econ and PM at 18 a piece but that’s purely a guess.

I agree Aimee

Its impossible to determine what they’ll ask and gaming it is a sure fire way to miss something. For quant, there could be one, which would be time series, but if they ask two, they’ll cover multiple regression as well. For economics, its impossible to pick becuase it could be growth theories, GDP, forex, International Finance, IRP+ PPP…it could be anything and Im willing to bet that whatever they ask will not be quantitative.

I would put my money on IRP/PPP question in quant, with perhaps 1-2 questions at the end about growth theories or international finance. Edit - econ, yes. I’m retarded

I guess you mean econ, not quant. There’s lots of stuff I think they can cover in econ in just one vignette. don’t forget Porter.

Under the weightings, they say that FSA will be between 15% and 25%. That means that it will be between 3 and 5 vignetttes (sp?) and in the past three years there have been 6 total. So maybe that will result in an extra quant instead?

Don’t forget, that 30% includes Corp Fin which is supposed to be 5-15%.

ConfusedbyCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Under the weightings, they say that FSA will be > between 15% and 25%. That means that it will be > between 3 and 5 vignetttes (sp?) and in the past > three years there have been 6 total. So maybe that > will result in an extra quant instead? FSA includes Corp Fin

Isn’t corporate finance grouped in with equities?

AI is grouped with Equities

It would make sense to have 2 Corp Fin vignettes.

Oh okay my mistake then.