For those taking next week off from work...

I’m taking next week off from work, and I’m wondering if there is anyone else taking next week off. If you are, what are you planning to do with the “extra” time? I wasn’t planning on taking next week off, but my work graciously allowed us some unpaid vacation so I figured there was no better time than before the CFA to take the days. I’ve completed 2 Schweser mock exams, and will take a third one on Saturday. I’m torn between one of two general strategies for the time I’ll have leading up to the exam (see below). Strategy 1 is less intense, focuses on reviewing the practice exams, and getting some much needed exercise (I haven’t been to a gym in a little over a month). Strategy 2 is more intense is focused on re-reading all of the Schweser notes so that it is fresh, but likely wouldn’t allow for as much rest & gym time. Strategy 1: Sunday - Review Schweser Practice Exam 2 Monday - Take CFAI’s free Sample Exam Tuesday - Review Schweser Practice Exam 3 Wednesday - Re-Read weak areas Thursday - Take CFAI’s free mock exam Friday - Re-read SOPH & ethics readings Strategy 2: Sunday - Re-read Quant, Econ, & FSA in Schweser Notes Monday - Take QBank questions on the Sunday readings & re-read Corporate Finance, Equity, Alternative Investments, & Fixed Income Tuesday - Take QBank questions on the Monday readings, re-read Derivatives & PM, take CFA’s free Sample Exam Wednesday - Take QBank questions on Tuesday readings & re-read weak areas Thursday - Take CFAI free mock exam Friday - Re-read SOPH & ethics readings For those taking off next week, what is your plan for the time?

Saturday do AM Mock from Stalla, review wrong answers Saturday night and Sunday. Monday do PM Stalla mock, review Monday night and tuesday. Wednesday do last CFAI PM Mock and review all day. Thursday finish reviewing mock and watch lectures on ethics/read ethics. Friday very very light review while I watch tv

already worked the schweser mocks to death and also taken the mock exams (70. yikes!) i will use the week to get one last overall review of all of the material in. thurs, wed, and tues will be primarily devoted to ethics, equity, and fsa, respectively. I am leaving ethics review for the very last. other days are reviews of the 5-15% ers and maybe a little econ and quant too. i will study a solid 6-8 hours on the first days and minimum 5 hours on the other days. how many hours a day yall looking to get in? not including lunch, breaks, or idle time

I’m looking at 8-10 hours a day. I have about 5 half schweser tests and the mock left. I’ll probably do the mock over the weekend.

I’m planning a minimum of 7 hours a day, maybe more.

How do u guys get the energy and concentration to study 5-6 hours a day?

^^from the big, fat, f’n, fail I got last year.

If I have off from work, concentrating for 5-6 hours (let alone 7 or 8 like I do at work) shouldn’t be much of an issue. When I’m studying at night on top of work (which requires a relatively high level of concentration), that is when it gets really difficult to do much more than 3 hours at a time.

prob do 10 hours a day including friday and maybe I will have a fighting chance, I am so f*cked

beingthatguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > prob do 10 hours a day including friday and maybe > I will have a fighting chance, I am so f*cked I don’t know if fitting 70 hours of studying in the last week would be that beneficial. I don’t even know what you’d do with all that time?

10-11 hrs per day. Sat:Schweser Exam 1am, 1pm, review all Sun:Schweser Exam 2am, 2pm, review FRA, sauce M:1st half of mock, review T:review Equity, sauce W:2nd half of mock, review R:Review all, sauce F:ethics, formulas, browse sauce, 2-3hrs total Sat: Kill it.

I’m almost done with my 1st week off, been studying 15 hrs/day on average but will taper it down as exam day comes. Monday will be devoted to the Stalla Mock and a review of the weaker sections.

I plan on putting in at least 8 hours a day. It’s not that difficult as long as you break it up. For Level I, I just started right after breakfast, usually took a little lunch break, then around 2-3 pm I would really start to lose focus so I’d just hit the gym, then shower, then get back to the books feeling refreshed. Mixing it up with videos (if you have them) practice problems, and reading also helps to stay focused. So, right now I have a very good handle on everything but these: Currency Arb (Econ) Alts (except hedge fund stuff, would love if they test that!) Derivatives (good on put call parity, options and other qualitative stuff, but valuation of FRAs, swaps etc is still very shaky.) Portfolio Management - so hit and miss for me, but dedicating all weekend to it. Mergers in Corp Finance I also fuck up sometimes Everything else I feel really good on so just need to stay sharp and keep it fresh. Going to take CFA mock 1 this Sunday and then the second half probably Tuesday, then I’m done with practice exams. So, I guess I’ll mostly focus on the above and hope I tighten those areas up enough to push me over the top. Friday come 2pm, I’m pretty much done. Wow, now I’ve got my plan I guess.

I agree that the key is breaking it up. I also plan on taking Friday afternoon off.

I am taking next week off… I am on a trajectory right now for epic failure but I am organizing my strategy for my make or break week. I only used CFAI texts for lvl 1 and I am doing the same for lvl 2… I just don’t think schweser does a good job other than rote memorization of formulas which is not IMO the best way to go at it. I am just setting what I need to get done, not hours… it will take however long it takes. Saturday: Finish reading book 6 Sunday: Skim over all read material. Start end of chapter questions. Monday: End of chapter questions… either all of them or as many as I can get done Tuesday: Blue box day - look over as many of the example boxes as possible. My theory (one of many) is that the CFA needs to be able to point to something in the text and say this is exactly where we not only wrote this, but taught you had to do it Wednesday: Take/read the entire mock exams. Do the sample(s). Reread some notes. Thursday: Read ethics. Friday: Whatever needs more attention… look at some formulas… look at some lvl 1 notes… reread parts of ethics… try to clear head.

I’m taking the week off! Tonight - Review FSA/Ethics Saterday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - Schweser test everyday Wednesday/Thursday - Secret Sauce Friday - Review own notes

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do u guys get the energy and concentration to > study 5-6 hours a day? Gosh! I meant to ask 6-10 hours a day…

I plan on putting in at least 12 hours a day. Sat schweser mock 1 AM & PM and CFA sample 1 sun ---- 2nd one monday —3rd one Tuesday CFAI mock wednesday- saturday morning and imp points, tables, small (and big also )concepts from schweser notes Several times revision of quick sheet , secret sauce and notes I prepared rivision of all mock saturday afternoon till late evening quick sheet secret sauce and notes I prepared sunday morning Nothing just exam

the exam is saturday Mission.CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I plan on putting in at least 12 hours a day. > Sat schweser mock 1 AM & PM and CFA sample 1 > sun ---- 2nd one > monday —3rd one > Tuesday CFAI mock > wednesday- saturday morning and > imp points, tables, small (and big also )concepts > from schweser notes > Several times revision of quick sheet , secret > sauce and notes I prepared > rivision of all mock > saturday afternoon till late evening > > quick sheet secret sauce and notes I prepared > > sunday morning > > Nothing just exam

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How do u guys get the energy and concentration > to > > study 5-6 hours a day? > > > Gosh! I meant to ask 6-10 hours a day… Lots of Redbull! Some of the material is pretty interesting, which makes the time pass by a little faster.