for those who dont lurk on wilmott

funny stuff http://www.wilmott.com/messageview.cfm?catid=16&threadid=73129

Here is the original post, in case anyone is interested. The ensuing conversation is equally hilarious. “I’m currently going through college and i’m still a virgin and have a hard time picking up girls. I don’t understand what the problem is. Even at night clubs i have no success at interaction with women and usually end up going home and masturbating. Will moving to Manhattan, becoming a Quant, and change my image to a big shot wall street banker help my game with the ladies? Also will my income be supplemental enough to support the various (hopefully 30+) women and maybe 4+ ex-wives?”

I like the dig on quants.

Awesome.

funny stuff but the picture of the bikini girl makes people think im looking at inappropriate stuff at work

In relationships, it called “not being a jerk.” Good advice - boys please take note :wink:

as a mathematician I would say you dont have a wide range of girls to pick from during the college, this can be due to many reasons: mathematicians 1) tend to drink coffee and produce theorems, they are the biggest consumers of coffee which affects their teeth badly, thats why they dont give a smile often 2)tend to stay in office even during weekends, my department was busiest during weekends, no time to run after girls/no tiem for action 3)own only one pair of jeans and shorts and 2 shirts, they change it with the season 4)crack nerd jokes, with most of them being about maths and mathematicians i will add more as i keep straning my brain for it

on a side note… have anyone else noticed the number of quant forums while there is only one CFA forum (that i know of)?

A post like that here would produce better responses, none helpful to the poster mind you.

funny thing is all the serious responses he got. no way you can get a serious response on here for a question like that. everyone would think its that guy soppisoppi using a new ID.