Format of the L3 Exam

OK I am a little late in starting to study, gonna do my first night tomorrow. This maybe a dumb question, but i am not familiar with the format of the L3. Is the essay section in the afternoon or morning? My understanding is that the other half is vignettes like L2, are there 10 of them? Many thanks

I believe the essay section is in the morning. I’m a first-time L3er but that’s what I’ve heard from other people who took L3 in June.

philly20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OK I am a little late in starting to study, gonna > do my first night tomorrow. This maybe a dumb > question, but i am not familiar with the format of > the L3. > > Is the essay section in the afternoon or morning? > My understanding is that the other half is > vignettes like L2, are there 10 of them? > > Many thanks philly You are definitely not late in starting. Most people I know start revising in Jan or Feb. The essay section is in the morning. You can see the actual 2007 Morning Paper on the CFAI website. The Evening paper is multiple choice based on vignettes… roughly 10 vignettes.

Technically I don’t think the CFAI has to put the essay in the morning, but that’s what they’ve traditionally done.