Former JPMorgan banker now a brutal dictator

There is an expression in Spanish that I don’t like “to shit the milk” (the highest degree of astonishment), somehow it’s the best expression for my feelings when somebody sent me this link amidst the falling Arabian dictatorships. Read the comments as well. Vogue should STFU. “Rose in the desert” should go back banking (hopefully not torturing anyone) or better sued for the crimes against humanity. http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/asma-al-assad-a-rose-in-the-desert/

I’d hit it

Almost as hot as Tiger Mom.

Should I have called it “Harvard MBA vs Brutal dictatorship”?

It looks like I’m out of the loop here Valores, but I thought Syria was strict but not necessarily brutal. My knowledge of the subject is pretty much non-existent though, so if someone wants to bring me up to speed it’d be appreciated.

On the general subject of MBA vs. brutal dictatorship, though - I think it depends on whether or not it is a top dictatorship. I think builders knows some dictators - we can ask him.

Is there a bubble of dictators though? I hear there are a lot of dictators out there searching for jobs and the pay isn’t in line with the work life balance any more. I realize with a lot of these dictator positions, you have to meet a certain experience requirement to get your foot in the door, but that’s getting harder to find. In fact, a lot of “entry level” dictatorships already list several years prior work exp as a requirement. How does that make any sense?! Not to mention that so many of the dictatorship positions have moved out of the West (particularly Europe, it’s SO uncompetitive these days) and into lower paying areas such as the middle east.

dictatorship > MBA + CFA ? I think ROI is greater with dictatorship, but I don’t think I’ve taken all the necessary variables into account for my NPV analysis…

It looks like one of the most repressive in ME.

I like the way they make her appear like something she surely isn’t. Have a look @ her husband, Bashar Al Assad for a second: http://82.114.87.235/home1/images/content/personalitete-Bota/BASHAR%20AL%20ASAD-%20PRESIDENTI%20I%20SIRISE.jpg She got married a goofy looking dictator. She surely didn’t fall for his charisma or liberal ideas. She is just like 99% of the population out there who would marry with anyone for power and money. GTFO Vogue.

Yah, I got that too. She was all about repeatedly mentioning that she was dating a prince and not talking about him as a person. But to be fair, she’s attractive, but it’s not like she’s the hottest thing to hit the States either.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It looks like I’m out of the loop here Valores, > but I thought Syria was strict but not necessarily > brutal. My knowledge of the subject is pretty > much non-existent though, so if someone wants to > bring me up to speed it’d be appreciated. Basically, in many if not most ways, Assad’s Syria = Saddam’s Iraq. Like Saddam, it is a secular rather than Islamist regime hence it doesn’t get the same attention the way the Taliban or Khomeini’s Iran did.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there a bubble of dictators though? I hear > there are a lot of dictators out there searching > for jobs and the pay isn’t in line with the work > life balance any more. I realize with a lot of > these dictator positions, you have to meet a > certain experience requirement to get your foot in > the door, but that’s getting harder to find. In > fact, a lot of “entry level” dictatorships already > list several years prior work exp as a > requirement. How does that make any sense?! Not > to mention that so many of the dictatorship > positions have moved out of the West (particularly > Europe, it’s SO uncompetitive these days) and into > lower paying areas such as the middle east. +1

She’s just a POS with a well cultivated polished and professional image.

If they catch her, will they hang her?

apparently brangelina are every where

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is there a bubble of dictators though? I hear > > there are a lot of dictators out there > searching > > for jobs and the pay isn’t in line with the > work > > life balance any more. I realize with a lot of > > these dictator positions, you have to meet a > > certain experience requirement to get your foot > in > > the door, but that’s getting harder to find. > In > > fact, a lot of “entry level” dictatorships > already > > list several years prior work exp as a > > requirement. How does that make any sense?! > Not > > to mention that so many of the dictatorship > > positions have moved out of the West > (particularly > > Europe, it’s SO uncompetitive these days) and > into > > lower paying areas such as the middle east. > > +1 +1^1000000 ! I liked that.

I seem to recall that Assad, or maybe it was the previous Assad wiped out an entire town (meaning, killed everyone in it) because of failed assaasination attempt by someone from there. Maybe it was even two towns for two conspirators. If that doesn’t count as a brutal dictatorship, I’m not sure what does.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I seem to recall that Assad, or maybe it was the > previous Assad wiped out an entire town (meaning, > killed everyone in it) because of failed > assaasination attempt by someone from there. > Maybe it was even two towns for two conspirators. > > If that doesn’t count as a brutal dictatorship, > I’m not sure what does. I think that’s more just brutal than it is a brutal dictatorship. The Roman Republic was known for similar tactics to suppress defiance to the empire.

May be now she is sorry she didn’t pick Harvard MBA versus brutal dictatorship. I would smash her pretty face.