Formula Sheet, Calculator, and Texts

I have a question regarding formula, calculator, and texts. Will we be provided with a formula sheet such as those used for calculating returns and interests? What kind of calculator is allowed for the test? Can anyone provide me answers to these questions, or at least inform me of where to find these out? Also, I only study those 6 texts that came straight from CFA Institute. Is it enough? Do I need supplementary texts such as Schweser?

You are provided with a 3x5 notecard with every formula in the CFAI material…

Here’s the link for the calculator policy: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/examdetails/policies/calculator.html

No formulas at all. If you are confident in your studying of the CFA material and questions then you should be fine. But I would also take the sample tests that CFA offers on their site as additional practice.

The Secret Sauce, in my opinion, is pretty helpful!

Don’t forget you are allowed your cell to phone a friend if necessary. However in 2009 the 50/50 option is no longer available due to only A, B, and C choices.

Buffett starts at 9am, please be prompt.

No formula sheet. Calculators allowed are HP-12C and TI BA-II (Plus/Platinum)

Thank you for all answers :smiley: So I don’t need to prepare for formulas myself; I’ll be provided all of them then. Thank you for calculator information. Around what price do you buy? So far I see the cheapest for HP12C Platinum for about $67. Is HP better than TXI? What is Secret Sauce, and where can I find it?

heygift above is a bunch of posts that are misleading you. Go to the source, read it -> www.cfainstitute.org and check for exam policy, what is allowed, what is not, and make the decision for yourself. The short list below is not meant to mislead you. You are not provided any kind of formula sheet. If a question requires a formula, you need to know how to get it yourself, from memory. Question paper is the only paper available for you to do any scribbling / calculations on. TI BA II Plus or TI BA II Plus Professional, and HP12C and HP12C Professional are the only calculators allowed on the exam. The text books are provided to you with your registration for an exam from the 2008 session onwards. You have the option of reading the original texts or going to a study provider (Stalla and Schweser are by all odds the best ones) or use a combination of text + Study provider. QBank / Passmaster from Schweser / Stalla give you extra questions to try yourself and review the material. Secret Sauce from Schweser is a Summary handbook for quick reference, which is useful after you have studied and understood the main material. CP

I posted my rough notes from FSA at http://www.sreenimeka.com . I may add more on other topics as I get time before the exam. Feel free to download them from CFA section. Please do not make me responsible for material errors, use it as is. Regards, Sreeni

haha this is great.

SMEKA23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I posted my rough notes from FSA at > http://www.sreenimeka.com . I may add more on > other topics as I get time before the exam. Feel > free to download them from CFA section. Please do > not make me responsible for material errors, use > it as is. > > Regards, > Sreeni This is great stuff. Thank you!

Thank you, Sreeni

So, please let me know if I got it wrong: 1. We cannot carry any formula sheet with us to the exam? They dont provide any either. 2. How about the z/t/chi-square tables? Where do we get those from? They provide in the exams?

Those are provided if the problem needs it.