formulas - you got em memorized?

i thought i did. then i ran into a formula heavy question on real estate gips and i was lost. how are you guys coming along?

I don’t. Although I do remember the formulas you described above (capital employed, return on capital, return on interest or something like that).

ummmm… what formulas?

Capital return and Income return. Offhand, the formula are: Capital return = (EMV - BMV - CAPEX + Sales proceed)/ Weighted average capital employed Income return = (Gross investment income - Property tax - Nonrecoverable exp - int exp)/ Weighted average capital employed Weighted average capital employed is Beginning CE + Summation of Wn x CFn Correct me if I am wrong.

I haven’t any yet usually I don’t have to by the time I do questions. If I’ll ever get there

i don’t think those formulas are covered in LOS.

maratikus - we are definitely responsible for memorizing and being able to calc RE return from GIPS material…so says Schweser 3 day prof anyway.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i don’t think those formulas are covered in LOS. uuh! Yeah, I think that we have this formular as part of return calculation either in GIPS or portfolio performance. it is a very important one that you need know cold. and review it before get inside the exam room. or you can write it in you hands :slight_smile: be careful with proctoct, they can strip search you down.

thanks, ng and tibwa. I wish there was a list of concepts and formulas that we have to know cold.

maratikus, the relevant LOS is 49.p and it has the word calculate in it.

thanks for the reference, mwvt!

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks, ng and tibwa. I wish there was a list of > concepts and formulas that we have to know cold. what the heck? were you sleeping or something. I know you those things and you got this cover. are you busy lately? You have not been in the blog as you used to be. Let crossing the finish line dude. you know that I want to go and live th Chi city.

tibwa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus Wrote: > I know you those things and you got this cover. > are you busy lately? You have not been in the > blog as you used to be. Let crossing the finish > line dude. > > you know that I want to go and live th Chi city. I’ve been busy with work and school. Can’t spend as much time studying. Can’t wait to be done in a month.

Hopefully! you will get done soon.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks, ng and tibwa. I wish there was a list of > concepts and formulas that we have to know cold. Just wondering if anyone has put together such a formula list that is a must know?

so I guess it’s time for me to contribute something to this forum… I know I haven’t been much help this year around…but it’s only because there were far better “teachers” out there… anyway I have a formula list… dunno about “must know”…but i started it off with stuff that I thought I would forget easily…and it went into becoming pretty much a majority of the formulae that are fairly relevant… buzz me at munira dot mukadam (gmail)

wow thanks mumu … very helpful … will shoot u an email right away :slight_smile:

Best thing I do with this stuff on formulas is spend 45 minutes first thing in the morning to go through as manay as I can. They key is to have this be the first thing you do. All the best CFASF1