Formulas

Just wanted to see how everyone was reviewing formulas… studying the formulas thoroughly couple days before the exam ?

memorize them. or if you understand the concept, they all make intuitive sense pretty much.

trying to understand underlying concept using quick sheet & notes prepared containing all equations from schweser

So many of the PV Valuation formulas are essentially the same thing… so learn the concepts then memorize one formula and you can turn it into 20.

my only gripes are with H-model (probably remember it by now) and the FRA value formula, other than that i think i have most of it down.

schweser, back of each book has a formula list for those topics. I printed those off and review them.

I photocopied all those Schweser pages and have stapled it to what I call my safe haven formula sheet.

A good thing a Charter Holder buddy of mine told me was to do what he called a data dump… Basically before the test cram cram cram nothing but formulas (as in, the hour or two before the test) Then once they tell you to begin, find a spot big enough to write and spend the first few minutes of the time dumping all the formulas onto the paper, essentially creating your own formula sheet That way 2.5 hours in when you’re racking your brain for the FRA formula that you’ve most definitly goofed up by then, you can just reference your newly minted formula sheet. I actually didn’t use this method for L1, but i figured i’d throw it up here in case anyone was having trouble rememberizing this crap.

H model gave me problems at first, but once you memorize that you use the lower growth rate in the first term and the denominators over both equations it becomes much easier.

i just memorized some gibberish like “dol dohsl” in my head, then i try to write out a formula that makes sense :expressionless:

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just memorized some gibberish like “dol dohsl” > in my head, then i try to write out a formula that > makes sense :expressionless: That’s the method I use for pensions