Fortune losing its touch

And the top employer for new college grads is… http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0705/gallery.great_for_new_grads.fortune/index.html

Cool… I’ve heard they have nice severance packages.

I M from the UK so I might be missing something but starting on 60K USD in Lehman? Is that an achievement? I honestly thought IT / Ops were being paid 90K USD in their first year with that going up *very* quickly.

joey122 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I M from the UK so I might be missing something > but starting on 60K USD in Lehman? > > Is that an achievement? > > I honestly thought IT / Ops were being paid 90K > USD in their first year with that going up *very* > quickly. $60k would be base salary. Plus $10k signing/relo bonus. Then year end could vary. I very highly doubt that first year analysts in IT/Ops made $90k last year (much more likely the year before though), as the average first year in front office roles probably came in around $45-50k in year end bonus (versus $75-80 the year before).

i have a subscription to fortune, but barely read it. i’ll flip through the table of contents, but rarely find anything too interesting

Brother, after 2000, IT guys have not had money thrown at them by-and-large. Top college recruits to Google are making like $110k, but IT in the U.S. burst in 2000. My roommate is a 3rd-year senior associate at PwC’s IT consulting practice and makes about what I do as a junior underwriter in commercial real estate about 1-year out.