Forum for open source Stock Research and Discussion

Are there any sites out there like seeking alpha where persons can contribute ideas on us stocks and has a robust discussion segment. the quality of seeking alpha seems to have fallen, the comment sections seem more like youtube comment sections with wild conspiracies being pushed or radical political views, i am just trying to make money trading equities and would like to see opposing views hashed out like the old days of seeking alpha.

Thanks much

1 Like

I think this forum has potential but is slowly being overrun by wildlife.

In sincerity, I love to discuss investment options and many others appear to as well. Try starting a thread and you never know what thoughts emerge from the shadows.

1 Like

Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax

1 Like

www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets

2 Likes

not enough discussion on stocks here though. but at least we all know we got exp money and charter. imo seeking alpha pretty good. even the comments section sometimes is pretty good. just ignore the weird ones. focus on the ones that actually give out metrics. then verify it yourself with 10-k or presentation. like for bkng for example. i had no idea that they spend 35% of budget on marketing and that they can cut that to the bone. i found out in the damn comments section. and it was confirmed in a recent interview by a competitor. but bottom line the comments are pretty short and succint. very easy to filter out. i dont read the analysis ■■■■. too much garbage and i dont want to spend time trying to filtre them out and click every lil article. there are good ones but im not down to look for them. but i follow up with sa news for it. like their summaries on guidance. on earnings. and they post actual transcripts. sell side consensus estiamtes.

1 Like

i wish i saw this 2 weeks ago lol. i havent been in here as much since getting the charter