FRA from CFA Curriculum

Hey guys I am currently reading FRA from CFA curriculum,have finished reading the 1st two study sessions in FRA.Now,i am about to start study session 9,maybe tommorow.But after flipping through pages in study session 9,i believe it’s a lot of memorization.Please correct me if it’s not. Now, i am wondering would it be okay to use stalla or schweser to read study session 9&10,because i plan on using the notes to review the study material before the exam. So what do u guys suggest? 1.)To go ahead with CFA curriculum and memorize 2.)To go for stalla or schweser and read what i would be able to ultimately remember before the exam. Please share your opinion. Cheers

And please do mention the source you used to read FRA?

Jatboy: A) I went through this exact same question. I moved back and forth whenI had trouble digesting some of the FRA in the CFAI curriculum. Just make sure to answer as many questions as possible in both the CFAI and Schweser. Maybe run through S-notes then hit the exact section in CFAI right after for retention and extra/needed details not in Schweser. Cheers, Type-A

If I recall correctly, SS-9 is pretty intense. Doesn’t it cover inventories, fixed assets, leases and long-term liabilities? You’ve got to really understand these subjects deeply because the exam is likely to pepper you with lots of deeply subtle questions.

Schweser covers it thoroughly. I suggest you read schweser, know it cold, and if you think you require additional information/understanding, consult CFAI texts

Thanks guys And how many of you agree with the opinion that schweser covers it all?

DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!!! would be the golden watchword… to each person his own… has been said many times before - do what others say or do, at your own peril… to has been said before. Until you are comfortable with the material as presented in whichever form - go over as many times as YOU (that being the good word here) need it.

Look, SS-9 is largely taken out of an intermediate accounting textbook. The coverage in the CFAI curriculum is, if anything, condensed. It’s a lot of stuff, and if you don’t come from an accounting background you’re going to find it difficult to master. If you rely on Schweser, it’s going to be even more condensed and harder to comprehend.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!!! would be the golden > watchword… > > to each person his own… has been said many times > before - > > do what others say or do, at your own peril… to > has been said before. > > Until you are comfortable with the material as > presented in whichever form - go over as many > times as YOU (that being the good word here) need > it. +1,

if you try and memorize stuff in this study session your dead IMHO. you really have to understand it, they can test it in so many ways memorization isn’t gonna cut it. and I’d recommend the CFAI books for this SS and ethics above all others.