Fraud Investigations Services

Hey all, Anybody a fraud investigator, or know anybody who is ? If so, how do you or he/she like the job? I have zero motivation in my current job and I sorta want something completely different.

You mean like the FBI or SEC? A close friend of mine just got a FBI White Collar Crime investigator position. I interviewed at the SEC last year. I’m in the same boat as you, I have this draw to enforcement.

Care to elaborate a bit on your SEC interview? I’ve applied there in the past, but never received a call back.

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Care to elaborate a bit on your SEC interview? > I’ve applied there in the past, but never received > a call back. The SEC held a phone interview where they went through the basic, “Why SEC, why enforcement, what do you bring to the table, etc.” Real straight forward interview questions. Sadly I never heard back after that.

CFACurse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey all, > > Anybody a fraud investigator, or know anybody who > is ? If so, how do you or he/she like the job? > > I have zero motivation in my current job and I > sorta want something completely different. I am one. I have security clearance for my position.

Are you? How do you like it? How long have you don’t it? What could type of career path is it? Security clearance, eh? Do you get to carry a gun?!? lol

CFACurse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you? How do you like it? How long have you > don’t it? What could type of career path is it? > > Security clearance, eh? Do you get to carry a > gun?!? lol Well you typically start out as a special agent and then go up from there. You can be part of the Office of Inspector General, DOJ or FBI - depends on your interests and what you can get into. The work itself is very interesting and varied - each case is different. I have been in the position less than an year and so far I like it. Yes, get a gun but don’t usually carry it unless you are in the FBI.

wow you get a gun too? will they let you carry it onto an airplane while traveling?

Do you need a CPA?

marcus, care to give more detail on the background need? the pay? and some examples of the cases you worked on? Is it realistic to start a career in the field when you hit your 30s?