Freaky addiction...

Something is definitely wrong with me. I’m at work, and I HAVE to check this forum every 10-15 mins!!! Reminds me of the line from Hotel California: “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave” It’s going to be a long wait for the results.

you are not alone.

idle hands are the playground of the devil

same here Kevin.

Work?

I honestly think I need an intervention…I am a full on junkie

It’s getting to the point of ridiculous! I have so much work to do, and yet I can’t help it. Edit: Well maybe not “so much work,” but a reasonable load to keep me busy for the day.

It’s so damn true to me too!! Checked 30+ times since morning, almost every 10-20 minutes 1.5 months waiting for simple choices test results is ridiculous, CFA should fire some fat-ass and hire younger professionals to handle the test. – this is not violating COE, since member can criticize CFA policies and so on in public. Steve

Haha…Kevin when I read your post I actually laughed outloud. I am going through the same exact vortex right now but I didn’t realize how funny it was until I saw your post. Atleast we can rest easy knowing that our AF time can’t actually alter the test results…strain relationships, ruin careers, of course…but those test results are locked in a vault somewhere and will not be influenced by our addictions. Additionally, has anyone else felt very strange this week without a strict routine to adhere to? I was so stuck in that zone of wake up, shower (maybe), drag through the work day, slam a pot of coffee, study for 5 hours, pound a cocktail to balance out the caffeine, go to bed, and repeat! This week I cut out everything but the cocktails. January will come fast but enjoy the free time for now!!

I’m there too. Some places block AF. I’d quit.

Bohmbach…right on! I cannot sit in front of the TV, play music, or slack in general, without that little guilty voice in my head, screaming that I should be doing something more productive. Banning AF would undoubtedly lead to manic depression.

I don’t post that much…but I have probably read every single post since august, when I signed up for the exam…I must check this thing every hour…jeez

steve111 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s so damn true to me too!! Checked 30+ times > since morning, almost every 10-20 minutes > 1.5 months waiting for simple choices test results > is ridiculous, CFA should fire some fat-ass > and hire younger professionals to handle the test. > > > – this is not violating COE, since member can > criticize CFA policies and so on in public. > > Steve LOL… I actually heard that the board doesn’t actually convene to discuss the exam, until Jan. Not sure how true that is, but if it is, that is just cruel.

10-15 mins is not that bad already…I check < every 5 mins…

I actually complained about how long it takes them to declare the results and the antiquated scantron stuff. And this is what they said (I also complained about the temperatures (at LOS, what can i say i am a wuss )) Thank you for bringing this observation regarding your test center to our attention. CFA Institute appreciates receiving feedback from candidates regarding the administration of the CFA examination and the testing venue. CFA Institute works diligently to provide the optimum testing experience for every candidate. Unfortunately, variations in testing conditions are often unavoidable. Candidates sometimes experience extreme room temperatures. We regret any discomfort that you experienced due to the temperature and the desk chairs. Be assured that we are researching the issues at your test center in an effort to prevent similar situations in the future. We have considered and rejected electronic testing because it would require use of a question bank that could be compromised. Again, this approach may be fine for other types of exams. Although no system is fail-safe and paper exams may seem anachronistic, we believe it is still the best way to ensure the integrity of the exams and the charter, and fairness to all candidates and members. Releasing results is the culmination of two separate, intensive processes. First, CFA Institute staff employs multiple quality control procedures to ensure that all exams have been accurately graded, scored, and recorded. Second, the Board of Governors deliberates extensively in setting the minimum passing. Only after these processes are complete do we release the results to the candidates. We appreciate your participation in the CFA Program, and we wish you continued success. Amanda Browning Testing Coordinator CFA Program - Education Division CFA Institute Email: examadmin@cfainstitute.org

it’s been a while since I last saw so many buzz words on the same page. Good job, Amanda. Now what were you saying again?

yeah, me too…this is my crack-cocaine at work.

I signed up to AF in July, but I knew I’d get addicted to logging on to this forum once I started so I had to refrain from visiting too often. Now the exam is over I’m hooked…

haha i know exactly what you guys mean… im always logged on at work, and once i get home and before i sleep, i also have to check for updates…

It’s just getting started…trust me.