Free Notes?

So I went to a public library the other day. I was carrying Schweser notes, book 4 and 5. On my way out this dude asks me if indeed am studying CFA, which I answer in the affirmative. Then I ask him, what subject are you having problems with, and what materials are you using. I tell him I bought Schweser, and I have also been using the question bank. The dude asks me how naïve I am to spend about $600 on some thing which is free over the internet. He shows me his printed notes, 100% same like the ones I bought – he even has the videos, and also by a guy called Peter Olinto from Stalla I guess. All free. I have not been able to afford the later. Poor guy. Then I ask him specific questions on how he is performing on practice tests. Unashamedly he does not see the point of doing the practice exams, and he won’t bother with studying derivatives, after all its only 5%. I remind the guy, from statistics, one of us will fail. He says many idiots do this exam, so some basic idea is all what he needs. I ask myself, is the mood at AF so pessimistic? But again I remember my very smart friends who did not pass this exam. His attitude makes me feel better prepared. And of course everybody on AF. Has any one downloaded these free notes? Good luck all.

Haha. I wonder if he’s read ethics yet.

he must have a massive printing bill

I don’t know if af is too pessimistic, but I’d rather be pessimistic than overly optimistic. What will get me to work harder? I’d rather be surprised at how well I do, than be surprised that I failed it.

financedude Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know if af is too pessimistic, but I’d > rather be pessimistic than overly optimistic. > What will get me to work harder? I’d rather be > surprised at how well I do, than be surprised that > I failed it. It’s important to be confident on exam day though. You don’t want to second guess every answer based on lack of confidence.

Given the amount of people that register to the exam… and the amount of people on this forum. I would think that most candidates on AF are more dedicated students than the average and that the pass rate is therefore quite high.