French vs. British professionals

That’s funny, reminds me of one of my best friends who is an anti-semite, with the irony being that he’s half jewish.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LPoulin133 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I D-spize the French. > > > Isn’t your screename French? Indeed it is. Some family in Quebec, before that France, but I was born/raised in the states. I have stronger connections to the canadians (yea I know, not much better), and no direct ones with ze Franch. Some of my worst travel experiences occured in France…consider my hatred one gained from experience and not the good old fashioned kind of blind hate. Now where’s my damburger.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s funny, reminds me of one of my best friends > who is an anti-semite, with the irony being that > he’s half jewish. Is your friend Ryan Gosling from ‘The Believer’ ?

to generalize, i don’t like most europeans. i am one but i am cool though. a lot of europeans seem xenophobic to me. i am not gettin this “get out of my country” vibe in the US, as a comparison. of course there are probably tons of exceptions to this rule, and as most generalization the statement is false, and my experience is based on a limited, non-representative sample of europeans. this statement cannot be interpreted outside of the context of the disclaimer above.

No Purealpha, we feed them freedom fries!

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > to generalize, i don’t like most europeans. i am > one but i am cool though. a lot of europeans seem > xenophobic to me. i am not gettin this “get out of > my country” vibe in the US, as a comparison. of > course there are probably tons of exceptions to > this rule, and as most generalization the > statement is false, and my experience is based on > a limited, non-representative sample of europeans. > this statement cannot be interpreted outside of > the context of the disclaimer above. try being a mexican in texas.

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > to generalize, i don’t like most europeans. i > am > > one but i am cool though. a lot of europeans > seem > > xenophobic to me. i am not gettin this “get out > of > > my country” vibe in the US, as a comparison. of > > course there are probably tons of exceptions to > > this rule, and as most generalization the > > statement is false, and my experience is based > on > > a limited, non-representative sample of > europeans. > > this statement cannot be interpreted outside of > > the context of the disclaimer above. > > try being a mexican in texas. I’m in Arizona. Do you have a ‘Sheriff Joe Arpaio’ type in your part of texas? This guy was using swine flu as a pretext to continue profiling Mexicans here. Plenty of xenophobes here.

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > when my husband and i were dating, he bought a > volkswagon. we were sitting in the car and he is > inspecting it. he pulls down the visor and starts > reading the air bag instructions/warning in > french. getting into an accident never sounded > $exier. seriously. > > if you guys want a serious tool to pick up > girls… learn french. you’ll reap the benefits. i > promise. It’s not so sexy in Canada, where every fvcking label is both English & French, even in parts of the country where <5% speak French fluently. Fvcking frogs. Aussi, mon francais est passable, parce-que j’ai prenné sept ans de classes sur la langue. Merde!

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nolabird032 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > when my husband and i were dating, he bought a > > volkswagon. we were sitting in the car and he > is > > inspecting it. he pulls down the visor and > starts > > reading the air bag instructions/warning in > > french. getting into an accident never sounded > > $exier. seriously. > > > > if you guys want a serious tool to pick up > > girls… learn french. you’ll reap the benefits. > i > > promise. > > It’s not so sexy in Canada, where every fvcking > label is both English & French, even in parts of > the country where <5% speak French fluently. > Fvcking frogs. > > Aussi, mon francais est passable, parce-que j’ai > prenné sept ans de classes sur la langue. Merde! j’ai pris not prenné.

In my experience, the coolest europeans are the italians

No the coolest Europeans are the Spanish. The French are the most xenophobic people I have met. God help you if you are not French especially if you are an Asian, African, Hispanic, etc in France. They don’t even pretend to be nice to you.

When I worked in London I found that the Brits were generally very happy to be around and interact with Americans. But yeah, the French were pretty much too pompous to deal with.

Honestly, what nonsense. Always and everywhere it comes down to the individual. I’ve been working in a couple of countries smack bang in the middle of Europe. I work closely each and every day with germans, italians, french, swiss, spanish, americans, brits and so on. The vast majority are great people. I give the greatest respect to them for speaking English as well as I do (apart from the brits and the americans of course). I wish my French/German/Italian/Spanish was half as good as their English. Generalising is pointless.

Im going to generalise from my experiences. I work in Europe, and my jobs nature is working with multi nationals, so I work with folk from all over Europe constantly, both clients and our other offices, big 4, so obviously in every country. My experience with the brits, is always great, they are polite and know how to have a lugh. Always great tow ork with, as in never had an issue. The French on the other hand have been near impossible. They have a culture where they do not like it if it is not their idea or being given advice that they did not come up with. I was working ona very large project for a big French client just recently, we were doing it for the owners, but the CFO showed massive resistance and now the project has had to be put on hold and is probably dead, with 100,000 euros on the clock owing to us. The CFO did not like that we were not French people telling him how to arrange things. Went over to their subsidiary offices in other parts of Europe, Poland, Holland etc, they were incredibly cordial and inviting. Again with the French, I have been on a few company training courses and occasionally there will be some French team members there and they are again, acting very French! Although they were actually nice guys, but they complained about the food, they often missed classes at the course to do who knows what, and some morning slept in rather than coming. I mean, your boss is paying for you to come out on this course, airfaires, hotels, course etc, show some respect and use it for what its meant for! But having said this whole spiel, I know I am generalizing. These are my only French experiences so far besides as a tourist in paris. AND to be honest, I loved paris! Will go back again!

google “French military victories” and hit “Feeling Lucky”… - and it comes back “Don’t you mean FRENCH MILITARY DEFEATS” THAT’s the difference between the french and english. Q: Why did the french plant trees to line the Champs Elysees? A: so the German army could march in the shade… Never trust the french with anything.

Yes, yes cheese eating surrender monkeys and all that. But try meeting a French girl or three. Trust me on this one.

if you like girls with more body hair than your average monkey…

Ridiculous post mon ami. Have you actually gone to bed with one? Or two? Or three? Nah, didn’t think so.

non - i’ll leave the chimps to you… (Disclosure - the wife’s half french - no, the other half)

Merci bien. So your wife is half hairy? Innaresting…